cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-32 Clearing Populating Assignment field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario, where we need to do clearing in F-32.

When invoices are cleared in F-32, the Assignment filed in one of the line items, of the documents  being cleared should be populated with a unique number .

The assignment fields needs to be filled with a unique identifier in all the invoices being cleared and also in the line item of the clearing document that is to be posted.

This way we want to achieve automatic clearing. Hence, when we post using F-32, we want to have such functionality.

Can anyone let me know if this is possible and how..

Thanks

Kris..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

assigment field are managed by Master data sort key. You can define in OB16. In your case you must develop a user exit because you want update 2 documents after clearing process. Ask for ABAP support.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilaca,

Yes the assignment is populated with sort key. But we want to populate the assignment field in the documents which are getting cleared and the clearing document with the same unique ID.

Is there any way that SAP will automatically generate a unique id as reference?

Thanks,

Srik..

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way you also can use substitution rule. Go to OBBH and define you assigment field = clearing document for transaction code F-32.

Let me know if you need more information

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilaca,

In this way, the clearing document will be populated only if the GL account is cleaed. But here we are clearing the customer.

Hence there is one line item in the document which is related to a specific GL. At the time of customer clearing, we want to post this unque reference in this line item. Also when the same line item appears in the clearing doc, we want to populate with the same unique reference..

Any ideas..

Thanks

srikanth..

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me know if I got you point:

1 - You have invoices to be cleared by F-32.

• Invoice 1

Doc: 0001

D - Customer - Clearing doc: " "

C - Revenue/Taxes

• Invoice 2

Doc: 0002

D - Customer- Clearing doc: " "

C - Revenue/Taxes

• after clearing process

Doc: 0003

C - Customer - Clearing doc: 0003

D - Bank IN

2 - The invoices 1 and 2 will have a clearing doc at this moment

• Invoice 1

D - Customer - Clearing doc: "0003"

C - Revenue/Taxes 

• Invoice 2

D - Customer- Clearing doc: "0003"

C - Revenue/Taxes

3 - With a substitution rule you can populate the Assignment field from Clearing documet (0003) for all customer line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilace,

The requirement is that , we do not want to populate the customer line items..

Take for example :

• Invoice 1

C - Revenue/Taxes

C- Customer Disc ( clearing account ) 

• Invoice 2

C - Revenue/Taxes

C - Customer Disc ( clearing account )

Now when clearing is done in F-32 ,

We get a DR to the Customer Disc account. At this point of time, for this line item in the clearing, document and for the line items ( belonging to Customer Disc account ) , in the inoice 1 and invoice 2 , we want to populate a unique number in the assignment field..

The intention is later, we can clear this cash discount account using automatic clearing, if we populate all the Cash discount items ( in invoices and clearing ), with the same assignment number..

Please let me know if this is possible through OBBH and if so, how can this substitution..be written..

thanks a lot...

srik..

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth, if you want use Assigment field as selction field for F.13 - Automatic clearing - you don`t need any changes. Check OB74 clearing rules and execute line items mass change by FBL5N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we can execute mass change but at the time of clearing , we do not which ones the user would select.

Hence when we clear in F-32, only the set of original invoices and the clearing documet , for the cash discount line item should have the same assignment field.

Also i am just curious how SAP would handle cash discounts as they have not provided any functionality to clear the cash discount clearing account..

thanks

srikanth..

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

F.13 doesn't consider Cash Discount from payment condition percentage. You can do that if you assign discount in Cash Discount Amount field.

Look invoice below. The red squared field is the discount amount to be clared.

After F.13 we have a clearing document with discount posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilaca,

Can you please eloborate a little. I am just curious how the clearing has been done in F.13.

For us during the Payment, we are not hitting the Cash Discount GL account. The Cash discount GL account is populated once we post with clearing in F-32.

Can you please eloborate if F.13 could clear the Cash discount automatically?

Thanks,

Srik..

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

F.13 execution:

Enter your company code and master data information and Execute

Here you are open items selecteds automatically according criterias.

In OB74 you can define your criteria

The results is in my previous comment.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth, as suggested by Marssel I think you can achieve this with the substitution rule (OBBH).

Regards,

SM*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is that , we do not want to populate the customer line items..

Take for example :

• Invoice 1

C - Revenue/Taxes

C- Customer Disc ( clearing account ) 

• Invoice 2

C - Revenue/Taxes

C - Customer Disc ( clearing account )

Now when clearing is done in F-32 ,

We get a DR to the Customer Disc account. At this point of time, for this line item in the clearing, document and for the line items ( belonging to Customer Disc account ) , in the inoice 1 and invoice 2 , we want to populate a unique number in the assignment field..

The intention is later, we can clear this cash discount account using automatic clearing, if we populate all the Cash discount items ( in invoices and clearing ), with the same assignment number..

Please let me know if this is possible through OBBH and if so, how can this substitution..be written..

thanks a lot...

srik..