cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAM - Access Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to use the Access Request based approach for EAM. Has anyone successfully implemented this approach? I've configured a custom BRF+ Initiator that basically only contains the Request Type 006 in the decision table. The simulation result equates to my initiator yet when I define a request the default path in the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST process is used. I've updated the Access Request Processes to include my custom rule ID and initiator. A custom path has been defined with the appropriate routing. What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael:

It does sound like you have completed all steps based upon your synopsis above.

1.  Create BRF+ initiator rule

2.  Activate Decision Table, Function, Application

3.  Enter Initiator Rule into Access Request Process ID MSMP workflow with list of Result_IDs

4.  Enter Initiator Rule into Global Initiator for Access Request Process ID

5.  Create Path / Stage as needed for FFID assignment workflow

6.  Maintain Route Mapping to connect Rule Result to desired Path

7.  Save/Simulate and Activate Access Request Process ID to get new version.

Are you getting any Error messages? Does the request get submitted and if so, have you reviewed the MSMP instance monitor to see if there are any messages there?  Any Errors in SLG1 Application Log?

Not sure, without more info, how to help.

thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

The request does get created and it flows down the default path which has the manager as the initial approver. I do not have manager maintained so the the process errors/cancels. I've attached snapshot of the audit log.

SLG1 does not reference any issues. The MSMP Monitor does not provide much help either. It seems as though my initiator is never considered because the request goes down the default path.

Any other thoughts...

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael:

My first thought is that your BRF+ rule is not correctly set.  Based upon the audit log you sent, it is still kicking into the DEFAULT workflow path you have set up.

1.  Check to make sure you Global Initiator is set to use the BRF+ rule.

This is the setting at the bottom of the screen for the RULES.  Remember in AC10, you only get 1 initialtor rule and all possibilities must exist in the rule that you choose.  So if you are using ARQ for both access and EAM assignment, your BRF+ rule must contain at least 2 lines, and each result in your BRF+ rule must be listed in Maitain Route Mapping.

2.  Check in Maintain Route Mapping that the rule is listed and that the Result is set appropriately to the Path you have created for Firefight request type (006).

I hope this helps you in your set up.

Cheers,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin, when you say that the BRF+ rule must contain 2 lines are you referring to the true and false results from the decision table? Would we be able to link up to do a screen sharing session? Maybe you can see something that I overlooked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I have done all the steps but on submitting the request i am getting the error

"Error inserting records".

Any thoughts why it can be ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Kindly implement the sap note-1739707.

First implement the note 1690974 and then note 1739707

The problem woud be rectified.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandita,

Thanks for your reply however when i look into these notes they are related to user group and parameter data.

I dont input any of these data when submitting the request for Firefighter.

When i am submitting request for "New Account" its successfully getting created and workflow works perfectly.

When i am submitting request for "Superuser Access" on FF ID based, its giving me below error first

"

ErrorItem '0001' resulted to ''; cannot resolve path; check routing mapping
ErrorRequest submit failed; error in MSMP submit method

and then when i click on submit again it gives error

""Error inserting records".

All inputs would be appreciated.

Rajesh

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

please look at transaction code GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD and see there details about your request path errors.

Paste it here please,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct Filip I had isssue with my workflow. The initiator was not set up correctly.

Rajesh

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the topic and if any answer to your inquire was useful - please mark it as such.

Thanks,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

I didnt create this request but just jumped in midway so cant close this request.

Rajesh

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

Did you assing the FF owner to FF ID? if not check and assign

and also change the state number 001 to unused number and your problem will be solved.

I have also faced the same problem and resolved it.

With Regards

Trinadh Bokka

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Michael,   Did you assign the FF owner to FF ID? if not check and assign and also change the stage number 001 to unused number and your problem will be solved. I have also faced the same