cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating Proxy for External Web Service using SE80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For one of my client, We need to call an external web service from ABAP program. So I was trying to create a consumer proxy using the SE80 by passing the URL that was provided by the external service. But at the end I get this error message "Exception occurred in communication framework:Error in HTTP Framework:500Internal Server Error < URL>"

Are there any prerequiste that I should check before creating consumer proxy?

If so please list down the steps that I need to do.

Really appreciate the help and inputs.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

If you try opening the URL (provided by external service) in your browser, what is the result? And did they privide a WSDL URL or just the end point for the service?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

When I open the URL in browser, it shows me SOAP code. They have provided me the WSDL URL as well. Actually I even tried with "

http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?WSDL" still getting the same error.

I also tired by using the local file. When ever I try to use the local file, I always get this error "

Incorrect value: Entity "<<document>>"(0 /41 ). only whitespace allowed; ignoring characters"

Not sure why I am getting this error.

Thank you so much in Advance for responding.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

There appears to be something wrong with the WSDL you are using as a local file. If you have an XML editor you can open the WSDL in there and check it. Also, follow these steps:

- Open the WSDL URL provided by the external service in your internet browser (or open the Currency Converter one you also tried).

- Save the WSDL (as displayed in your internet browser) with a .wsdl extension somewhere locally on your PC. You can also check the WSDL file you have saved (if you have an XML editor just to be sure).

- Go to SE80 to generate your consumer proxy & refer to the locally saved WSDL file.

It should work ok, I just tried it now with the Currency Converter one & it was okay.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

It is Intresting... I did not work when I tried even today. So what I did was I tried with

http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?WSDL it worked. I was able to create proxy class.

Is there something that I need to check in SAP or I am missing something. I am not sure what should I do, one of them is working and other is not and as you mentioned currency converter did work for you.

Is there a way to identify where and what has gone wrong when ever I get these kind of errors.

Thanks a lot for the inputs it is helping me out to try out things.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

It isn't an exact science. There are several factors (apart from the SAP Software side of things) like environmental one, e.g. network/firewall access to the service/WSDL from your environment...

Usually, the way I go about is is by checking that the WSDL is okay first using any XML tool. I also first test the service using a SOAP Test tool like SoapUI, I create a project with the WSDL in question, populate the request and fire it off. If it works in SoapUI, I then start scratching around on the SAP Software side exploring possibilities for failures.

There is also a WSDL checker on SOAMANAGER, depending on you SAP software version that you can use to check the WSDL for possible issues.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I have tried as you mentioned above, used SoapUI the WSDL was working fine. Then I checked WSDL checker on SOAMANAGER it has thrown me an error so I requested the Web Service team to generate proper WSDL. They have given me a new one and now I was able to create a proxy class.

The actual problem statement that was raised by me is solved.

Now I have one more, How do I configure mutiple End point URL as the URLs would be different in Development, Quality and Production client.

Is it that we need to create multiple logical ports in SOAMANAGER for each end point URL?

Thank you in Advance.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

It depends how you want to manage it in your landscape. The SOAMANAGER logical port configuration can't be transported but the consumer proxy you created in SE80 is transportable. Normally it happens this way:

So when you transport your proxy to Quality, you will need a Quality endpoint from the external service provider. Once you have that, you will need to configure a new logical port in Quality. The same would apply to Production --> new Production endpoint from external service provider and you create a new logical port on Production in SOAMANAGER.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

in addition to Trevor's explanation I would like to point to the SOAMANAGER feature of scenario configurations. It is handy if you need to configure more than one service endpoint but many, for example all endpoints required for an application or scenario. This configuration can be exchanged (export/import) between the different systems.

Regards - Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I thought the same way.

Thank you so much for all the inputs. They have really helped me to solve most of the problems.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I am also trying to achieve the same thing what you have did. But I am getting the same error

Error:

Incorrect value: Entity "<<document>>"(0 /0 ). only whitespace allowed; ignoring characters

Any help is Appreciated.

Regards,

Anu

Answers (0)