cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll locks while employee is in ESS during payroll process

Former Member
0 Kudos

While employee is logged onto ESS and if automatic Payroll is being processed same time, he is kicked off of the payroll and his payroll does not run.

Is there a workaround that any of you know of? so that the employee gets processed with all the other people in same payroll area?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please contact me to discuss, since I need to know where it locks, payroll or 3rd party interface otmu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preet,

I have a function module to unlock the lock entry during payroll.

Please let me know if you are interested in using this.

Best Reg. Klaus

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalus,

I am also suffering from this issue...

please let me know function module to unlock the lock entry during payroll.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

please contact me at klaus@kdssc.com.

Which company are you working for?

I need to know a couple of more details.

I wrote the function module by myself and own it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you could do prior to running payroll is to run SAP util 'HFIUCPL0 ' to check if any ees in the payroll you're about to run currently locked .  Within this util, you have the option to either delete locks, send email to those currently lock the records, or just display the locks.

Once you're sure no ees you want to run payroll for is locked, you can set payroll control record to 'Release for Payroll'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted but we will be using Process Model to execute the payroll, which means payroll and all subsequent process will run automatically. What can be a solution in that case? Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can run the util prior to kicking off process model to make sure no records are locked , or temporary shut down ESS (cumbersome) during this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted.