cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume web services in 7.3 portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am consuming web service from third party application. I am following the SAP documentation as described

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/en/46/935a636110581de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

To import the WSDL into NWDS what type of DC need to be created? The documentation refers to importing the WSDL but no mentioning of what type of DC and further steps. Point me to any useful blogs or documents on this.

Thanks,
Rao          

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

It depends on the usage of that web service. If you're going to use it to display/import/export data, you^'ve to use a interface technology like webdynpro java, JSF, JSP. So, you've to create that kind of DC (like Webdynpro DC) and then consume the web service.

Also, you can create a web service DC (it was J2EE > EJB Module and then EJB Bean and finally Enterprise Application in NW 7.0, not sure what it is in NW 7.3) to consume the external web service and create internal web service over it (e.g. for a scenario to add something and post to backend system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

I am trying to use it in a Portal component. The web service delivers some of the information from remote application which I display it in my iview. For this I have a abstract portal component. In 7.0 version I had created a Deployable proxy to consume web service and used this in the portal component. I am trying to do the same here but not sure how to go about creating the deployable proxy in 7.3. Please let me know if you can provide further information on this.

Thanks,

Rao

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I got it, but no clue how to setupproxy on as java. There are verious posts regarding to this, some are related to XI/PI, but please check them it helps. And let us know how you achieved it.

regards

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create web dynpro dc, which can consume the ws and display the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

could you create a deployable proxy DC in 7.3?

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Create a EJB component and expose it as a webservice, finally you can consume it from your Webdynpro DC.

Regards,

Suman.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

a) The question ist very old; I just added the right answer because you can find two or more questions about the issue on SDN, but no right answer.

b) "expose it as a webservice" - the question was about consuming!

c) WD ist WD; if the question was meant as written, it was about from within a portal application / implementation. That's not WD. Anyhow, if it would be about WD, already gave that answer.

In short words: To get some quality back to SDN, please di not post for posting, but read what's the state of the thread, what was asked, and sometimes... Talk is silver, silence is golden... 🙂

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome quote Yes I do agree with you.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To consume a WS from within a portal application, just import the WSDL into the portal project and then create the WebServiceClient within the portal project. The documentation does not cover this, but it is definitely the easiest way to go (if not the only one, I did not succeed using a deployable proxy from within a portal project; and different threads here on SDN suggest the same issue).

Hope it helps some other people

Detlev

christine4937
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

I just want to clarify if you did or did not succeed in using a deployable proxy from within a portal project?  It seemed above that you said it was the only to go but then in next sentence you said you were not successful in doing so.  I just wanted to be clear which it was.

Thank you!

Christine

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

> above that you said it was the only to go but then in next sentence

> you said you were not successful in doing so

No no no no no 😉 (hey, YOU are the native speaker, but maybe, as a mathematician, I just tend to be even more exact in language than others... ;-))

I wrote: "The documentation does not cover this [= "import the WSDL into the portal project and then create the WebServiceClient within the portal project"], but it is definitely the easiest way to go (if not the only one, I did not succeed using a deployable proxy from within a portal project"

To be super-super-clear (but this is really in my original answer): I did NOT succeed in using a deployable proxy from within a portal project.

Best regards

Detlev

christine4937
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is super, super, super clear now!

Thank you!!!!

Christine