Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "just the good stuff" on SCN?

timoelliott
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I subscribed to a couple of communities with email notifications, but quickly got buried with stuff I wasn't interested in. Is there any way to filter the posts by likes, or number of people that go to the post, etc? I just want to get a daily summary of "the best stuff"... is that possible? If it isn't, could somebody from SCN make that happen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soooo... bottom line you want an 'epitome-of-peer-pressure'-function thats spams you only with threads that others like a lot, but you probably don't, since the contents wouldn't be filtered out by some magical AI? ಠ_ಠ. Still, if you really want that, you could open an Idea in the Idea place over here https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Daily digest would be nice but isn't something available in the landscape. Would be a good idea for SAP Community Network Improvements and I'd vote for.  (I guess it would be possible to use Google Alerts for the same purpose, to some extent...)

Meanwhile, you do have control over what you receive eMails for.  Under Preferences > General Preferences, you can turn on/off the notifications by category.

You can also override these by selecting Receive email notifications in the actions box found on content and space overview pages.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that we need, uhm, an SCN critic. Something like Roger Ebert of SCN. Or even Rotten Tomatoes of SCN perhaps.

I would vote for a daily digest though. Even without any AI it would be more efficient than dozens of individual emails.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That should be the role of  the widget that pulls "Popular Content" (see bottom of Mobile page as an example) http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile for individual areas of interest.  There are also "featured" contents that are editorial picks of the week but don't apply to all topic or homepages...yet.

But it sounds like you would like more user control on a "digest" that could be a subscription to a roster or compendium to a number of pages "best picks" .  Would some kind of Yahoo pipes pull that in I wonder?  There is a newsletter subscription that definately pools the editorial pics in the various topics but it sounds like you are looking for a daily dose .

I'm *only* a community "advocate" (evangelist ) helping amplify the voice of our participants here, so I'll shout out to some of the content leads  to take a look,engage with you more directly and answer with what they build and do from an editorial perspective that might help address the "best stuff" .  are all content strategists who, when they come back from Jive World and TechEds,  should be thinking aloud with you on this one.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately peopple like the weirdest stuff, so you could still be indundated with Junk

Maybe you could follow some key chappies in twitter like in the HCM area - he frequently RTs some stuff, and what he reads today, I read tomorrow. There is another person who frequently posts a blog with " Great Content in HCM area" or something like that - all I have to do is read every article highlighted in that. and so forth.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i've never thought there is a bad stuff on SCN....