cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How change the webservice and data connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on the offline Time sheet. In time sheet I have one button "Submit to Sap" on clicking on this button records should be saved in the CATSDB table.  For this we create a data connection for this button which have the web service URL.

My questions :

1. How can we delete the data connections?

2.Since we work on the landscape so we have to transport our development one environment to another environment. So does it means we have to create web service for each environment (either it is integration or quality or production environment) manually because we can not get the web service URL in advance?

3.How to change the already created Web service?

Please suggest the way.

Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the web service have to be configured by a SAP Basis person or can it be done by a Developer?

Also would you be able to help me on what checks/configurations need to be done to get the Web Service to work?

I am currently trying to consume a SharePoint Web Service, and I am new to SAP.

Thank You,

Shaneel. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

I am facing similar issue.

Please let me know how you were able to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekumar

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

My questions :

1. How can we delete the data connections?

2.Since we work on the landscape so we have to transport our development one environment to another environment. So does it means we have to create web service for each environment (either it is integration or quality or production environment) manually because we can not get the web service URL in advance?

3.How to change the already created Web service?

do u have third party system(java,.net) calling SAP services. if yes:

1. Calling the Webservice should be dynamic, based on environment.(It should not hard code at consumer)

2. When you transport webservice in QEC,PROD only its endpoint needs to be generated. you can generate the same using SOAMANAGER.

3.you can open/edit service definition in SE80(select package->enterprise services).

Many Thanks,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I am not using any third party system.

Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain us about your system landscape. who is provider/consumer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

We start our development in sandbox (S environment) .In this we created RFC function module and a web service for that  which is being used to update the CATSDB table .After that , as the client want , we started our development in the development environment (C environment) .

Here some requirement has been changed by the client, so I changed the structure used in the function module. Function module has changed but the corresponding web service remains the same.

So I want to update (modify) the web service as per the function module.

In ECC 5.0 it is simple as described below:

http://www.dataxstream.com/2009/11/changing-the-function-interface-of-web-service-enabled-functions/

As I discussed I am working on the offline Time registration (sap               interactive adobe form) , There I have a button ‘SUBMIT TO SAP’ . So when user click on this button, the data needs to be saved to the Table (SAP table to update Time) CATSDB. It was saving in S environment but due some changes in the structure in that FM , I am getting error . So I need to update the web service.

After the development environment we need to transport the development to Integrated, Quality and then Production System.

Since I am new to web services, so I  do not have much idea about that.

Regards,

Akhilesh  Bhagat.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For changing a webservice definition , see my last reply in thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2054597

For web service in QEC,PROD just u have to create service/endpoints in respective system using SOAMANAGER.. see the link for the same

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/How+to+configure+a+Service+Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I created endpoints in QEC , but when I am trying to execute the button (I have a button which will update the sap table).It refering to the development RFC.

Please suggest the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhilesh Bhagat.