0 Kudos

how do i map a field in BI to a field in source system

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The rules of engagement (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19331) require searching before asking questions on SCN. I realize that you are probably just learning BW, but SCN is not really a good place to learn the very basics of BW. It would be really cool if someone would start writing a BW intro on the SCN wiki, but I don't think that's happened to date. So, the best option is probably buying a book.

This thread appears to be going nowhere because the OP doesn't have the background to understand the answers. I'm going to lock the thread.

Regards,

Ethan

(moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as I mentioned in my earlier message..

you can find needed field in data source: to find field from data source go to RSA5 in ERP system

provide your standard extractor which you going to use.. and then check for right field.

once you have right field make sure that it  is not hidden if hidden make it available then

go to BW replicate data source and then you can see that field in BW data source then you can map this field to corresponding field from DSO in transformation.

Thanks,

bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Usually, standard datasources in BW has hidden fields when activated. Most probably the Approval Task End Date is hidden.

Login to your source system and check in T-Code RSA6.

Search for your datasource in the program, then you must un-hide the field by unchecking the hide checkbox for the said field.

If this field is not present, you need to enhance the datasource to have the field available in BW.

- Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Please be more specific in your requirement.

You should have this field in your data source to map it to a field in the BW.

Br,

H

vinay_lohakare5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whats your data source?

The field from the source system should have the same properties as that of BI infoobject to be mapped.

Exapmle: product in source is char 60 in BI we have 0PRODUCT which is also a char 60 infoobject.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinay, the dso is 0BBP_SC. i need to populate the field 'approval task end date' in the reports

vinay_lohakare5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kirti,

Is your datasource standard?

If yes ; you should have the fields in DSO for 'approval task end date'.

Check if your source has the field and has records for the same.

Check in RSA6 if the field is available or hidded. If its hidded you will have to unhide the field in the source.

Replicate the datasource in BI and map the field with Bi infoobject in the DSO.

Load the data in the DSO.

Check the data is populated in the DSO for 'approval task end date'. Use the field in the report.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

if you want to map field from DSO to data source field.. then you can do it in transformation. make sure following things:

: data source field format data type, and  all other characteristic field should math with field from DSO .. if you have field match then you can map it in transformation. just drag and drop from source to target field..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinay,

how do i Check if the source has the field and records for the same.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinay,

how do i Check if the source has the field and records for the same.?