cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of AET fields and limitations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a quick question. Is there a limitation on maximum number of fields that we can create using AET on Web UI.

I know it might be limited to object (BTPartner, BTAdminH, I, CustomerH etc), and there is limitation on total fields in a database table (249 with character limitation) - so we should have a limit for AET also as it goes to standard tables. But I couldn't find any documentation related to it.

We would have more than 400 custom fields, spread across Case and Service Order and we are trying to explore ways to optimize it. It is not common to have so huge number of fields, but nothing we can do. A lot of fields have to be replicated from CRM to SD to appear in Invoice, also to MM for verification with Vendor Invoice, and many of them determine Price. Storing in Z-table is possible, but it adds to complexity (contract determination, standard replication, displaying and editing from Web UI). I have not seen created than 50 z-fields in my projects previously, but it is different here.

Looking for any recommendations related to it. Any expert here faced this situation? What does SAP recommend?

Found this note, but I have no idea what would happen if we choose to create 400-500 fields using AET, or is it recommended or not (if not, what is the alternative)

Note 1392239 - Limit on the number of fields for field extensibility

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Rohit.

We've faced similar issue extending BTAdminH. And the system said something similar (do not remember exact message): "BTAdminH is not extensible any more". So we simply were not able to add new fields in it. But we switched to CustomerH and were comfortable with numbers of fields in BTAdminH (full) and CustomerH in total.

So just keep in mind mentioned note. And it will be really interesting to hear other stories, workarounds and solutions regarding the topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrei. Always good to hear from you.

Yes, I got that in mind to have custom h if admin h gets full. Do you mind sharing max. fields you have created using AET, or seen in any project? Does it affect performance by any chance.

Well, we are thinking of combinations such as storing in survey questionnaire and configurable product characteristics, and may be z-table for some of display-only fields. Though it depends on business need, would be great to hear your experiences and generic recommendation around it. We are still in design phase, but I am trying to think about performance bottlenecks beforehand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

We too faced similar issue , as we started extending BTAdminH and BTAdminI . As no of fields are increased rapidly , we are advised to add additional new fields under BTCustomerH and BTCustomerI due to performance reasons . I was really wondering what could be the exact reason and through note 1392239 SAP intention using AXTREG ( defining max fields and bytes for a object  )  is to avoid using maximum bytes for a database table .( Note 355898)

Regards,

Nithish

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit, just got back to this discussion because we've used one more option. It's possible to extend the object with a table using AET. And if you run out of fields according to notes 1392239 or/and 355898 then you can create (I mean implement such logic) a table and use it as 1:1 relation.

Answers (0)