cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use input parameter in Analytic View in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts:

I have a simple question to ask:  How “input parameter” is used in a analytic view?

After I create an analytic view with input parameter, I then click “Data Preview”, but

I did not get any prompt ask for the input parameter. What's the usage of "input parameter"

in analytic view and how could I use it?

Thanks!

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating the input parameter , you have to apply filter for that particular column for which    filtration is needed,  like this:    $$<input parameter name>$$

The only prompt will come.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

both Variables and Input Parameters can be used in Calculated Columns

Ex:      '$$P_DATE$$'      and    '$$V_DATE$$'        within Expressions

Input Parameters can be used in Filter expression for the Columns of DataFoundation

Variables can be used to Filter the data based on Columns of Attribute Views

Enjoy HANA

Nagababu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.. not sure if I am following as suggested:

I have created input parameter - Parameter type - Column and select on field - KUNNR. Default value is kept as constant.

Also create on calculated column - Column Type = "Attribute" and '$$<input_parameter variable>$$'

I am getting the pop-up to select value but after input it is showing all the data.. not restricting it..

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Dadwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Normally that happens when the view is deployed with errors. Please check your log. If you are compiling with errors, even when you can still explore the data, the pop up will not come out.

cheers

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After you create input parameter in Analytic view, create a filter for and pass "$$INPUTPARAMETER_NAME$$" to the value  on which you have created input parameter

Let me know if this resolves the issue

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i saw somewhere on another message, that if you want prompts, then you need to use a variable not an i/p parameter. i tried this, and did get the prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might happen when you are not using the input parameter value in your analytic view.

If your using the input parameter value in the view and still not able to see the prompt, then try making the input parameter mandatory and set a default value to it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rashmi

the ip params are in the AN view, i have made them mandatory, and given a default value as well, still does not seem to work.

anyone else getting this ??

ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Is the input parameter used in any filter expression or calculated column?

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope

just straight off the field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Try creating a calculated column with input parameter as the value. The prompt will appear. Since it is not used in any calculation, the user is not prompted for input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Rashmi Dwaraka is correct. we must use input parameter in calculated column so that the prompt will appear for users to select values. it is similar like creating prompts in crystal reports.

Ex: create calculated column this way: if("FAMILY_NAME"='$$Family_Name$$',1,0)

Input parameter is also useful while creating calculation view with SQL script.

Thanks,

Yathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ditto, what's going on here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

Me too facing the similar issue and not been able to figure out the issue. Did you resolved this issue?

Thanks!

Chinmay