Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC for Banking On Unix

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A client of mine desires to have his BPC for banking deployed on a Unix server. However, am not sure if this is possible. Can anyone please help confirm if it is possible or not and how to go about it with link(s) to helpful resources if it is? Are there official documentations that confirm it?

Secondly, does BPC for Banking come in NW version?

Thanks a lot People

Seyi Obabiyi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seyi

As far as I know BPC cannot be deployed on UNIX Server, you may check in the following

"SAP Note 1678822 - Third Party Software Support Matrix for BPC for Microsoft 7.X, 10.X"

There is no mention for Unix Operating System.

Best Regards

Yasser

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187267
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seyi,

1-I have the same issue as my client want BPC for banking deployed on a Unix server, Is it possible on BPC 10 or not ?

2-Secondly, does BPC for Banking come in NW version 10 ?

Any one can help me for the same ?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rav,

As Yasser pointed out, BPC for Banking is not supported on Unix server. This is because the original BPC for Banking RDS is based on BPC 7.5 MS which does not support UNIX deployment.

To answer your second question, it only comes in MS version and it's only available on version 7.5 MS. We are currently in the process of migrating to BPC 10.0 MS.

Regards,

Seyi.

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

Really appriciate your help.

KR

Seyi.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seyi,

as Yasser wrote BPC cannot be installed directly on Unix O.S., if you want to use it there you should installed through VM or Citrix.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seyi

Please find below an extract from the SBPC for Banking download overview page.

Unfortunately it is only for the MS version, there isn't a NW version. (No idea on when the planned NW version will be available) . In theory you could try to replicate the application dimensions and functionality to a NW version. But the reality is that there is a lot of IP built into the Banking appset, and wouldn't really be feasible, due to the time needed to go though all of this effort)

SAP BUSINESSOBJECTS PLANNING AND CONSOLIDATION FOR BANKING 1.2

General Information

SAP® BusinessObjects™ Planning and Consolidation for Banking is an application designed to facilitate and improve the budgeting, planning and forecasting process for banks. It includes a runtime license of SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation version for the Microsoft Platform, SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise, and specifically designed banking content such as input schedules, reports, and dashboards, etc.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Daniel