Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAISE_EXCEPTION : CNTL_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just upgraded from 4.0B to ERP2005.

We are using RF deviceses/scanners on our warehouses. They are connected using telnet/SAPConsole running on own developed transactions.

After go-live we se a shortdump - approx. 10 times a day - with the text :

Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_GUI_DIALOGBOX_CONTAINER====CP" raised the exception condition "CNTL_ERROR".

But we are not using any kind of OO in thees transaction. It's just ordinary Screen painter - not using any kind of containers.

The dump does not occur in the same transaction, but durring the day serveral of our own transaction get this dump.

Does anybody have any idea on what I shoul look after ????

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be that SAP is trying to throw a message to the RF screens. But as they are pure character based the transaction dumps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I just checked out the class, and this Exception is triggered in various ways.

Following are the list of methods that raise this exception,

1. Constructor ---> whenever a screen is created. This may not be the cause as the error is not occurred always. May occur due to improper Object creations.

2. SET_REGISTERED_EVENTS

3. SET_CAPTION

4. GET_CAPTION

5. GET_HSCROLL_RANGE

6. GET_VSCROLL_RANGE

7. REG_EVENT_CLOSE

8. SET_HSCROLL_RANGE

9. SET_VSCROLL_RANGE

These exceptions will be raised for the above reasons. May be if one can have a watch in what scenario's Dump is getting created, some analysis can be made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another piece of information :

Transaction......... "ZDAOP20 "

Program............. "CL_GUI_DIALOGBOX_CONTAINER====CP"

Screen.............. "SAPMSHLP 0600"

Screen line......... 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Did you ever come right with this problem? We have exactly the same abap dump

as you got. It also occurs for various different scanning transactions at various times of the day by different users. They are also using SAP Console and not using OO functionality.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions that you may have tried.

0 Kudos

No we did not find any solution. But I guess I will create a OSS message now, and I also think that you shold do the same.

What version are you on ?

0 Kudos

We are on version 4.7.

I have a consultant monitoring these dumps next week. If I don't have any luck with him then I will log a call in OSS. If I do find out anything I will let you know and perhaps you could do the same - Thanks

0 Kudos

I have found out that the dump occurs when a user presses the F1 button.

I can reproduce this error on my own PC when running sapcnsl.exe

0 Kudos

I guess that SAP has avioded this problem in their own RF transaction by using the F1 button as F11/SAVE. Take a look at the GUI Status LMOB_GROUP8 of the program RLMENU.

0 Kudos

I found the solution :

For each RF user the following setting under Help has to be changed :

Help -> Settings. F1 Help must be set to "In Modal Dialog Box" not "In Performance Assistant".

It is this performance Assistant that uses some controls that are not supported by SAPConsole.

0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your help.

We have made this change and it has definitely sorted out our problem.

Former Member

Hi Guys ,

i developed one zprogram in that i used the submit for the program "RFBILA00 " when i am running it it is giving following the dump .

This Dump is not getting while running the RFBILA00 program with the same input values .

Does any one have an idea on this please let me know it is very very urgent .

-

"RAISE_EXCEPTION" C

"CL_GUI_CONTROL================CP" or "CL_GUI_CONTROL================CM009"

"SET_VISIBLE"

-

or

"CL_GUI_CONTROL================CP" "CNTL_ERROR"

Thanks in advance .

regards

sankar