cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Display Metadata Repository in RSA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have performed an upgrade from Netweaver 7.0 to 7.3 successfully. However, when I tried to select the Metadata Repository in t-code RSA1, the screen could not be displayed. Please see attachment. On the other hand, I've also activated two profiles in SICF and they are as below:

/sap/public/myssocntl

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rso_metadata_repository

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all People facing the same Problem,

I implemented note (2178958)  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2178958

Now it works fine and the Metadata Screen in Browser appers.

cheer

Volker

tomasz_lawrynowicz2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me was helpfull activation all services related to note 1769139

• Ensure all web services within subnodes under the ICF node
    /default_host/sap/public/bc are active. This will mean that HTTP calls from both
    the Internet Browser & from transaction code RSA1 get properly redirected to
    the metadata repository web service.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kah Jin Ng

Please check the parameter icm/server_port_0 value in RZ10. Also check HTTP port Value.

Port value should be 80$$.

$$ = instance number.

You can also test the metadata repository service in SICF this will give you better result to resolving your problem.

Location of service is /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rso_metadata_repository.

Regards

Tahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was able to figure out after running out with all options, though the solution seem to be silly which we missed during evaluation, FQDN in the local hosts file was pointing to wrong domain. Post update FQDN in hosts file metadata repository was showing up via GUI and http.

Hope this tip helps for people who are still looking for solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check your Proxy setting. I shorted this out by removing my proxy setting

Thanks

Mirana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check Note 1769139.

I have solve the problem on my side after Upgrade from NW 7.0 to 7.31.

- Tcode: SICF: Activate /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rso_metadata_repository (choose the second "YES" Button):

- Tcode: SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT -> Enter  (Publish All ITS Services)

- Tcode: SE16: Table HTTPURLLOC (There I had a old entry after a systemmove), Change it to the current hostname (in productive Client)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten,

Our environment is on 7.31, I already had a look into the SAP Note. Upgrade is not option as we are on 7.31, rso_metadata_repository nodes were activated in the past, table in empty without any entries.

Have gone through all of your recommendations in the past, but no luck. Note 1769139 has a ton of suggestions from SAP not really sure which will work out.

Anyhow Thanks for the reply,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sailing in the same boat, my BW environment is SAP NW7.31 EHP1. Metadata Repository screen shows empty/blank screen. BW and Basis component are 731 at level 5. What ever suggestion mentioned in different SAP notes does not applicable for current environment, as all notes talk about correction lower than NW 731.

SICF relevant nodes are activated.

This is what I found for from SAP Help, hope it might be helpful for members who posted it and still looking a solution

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Metadata+Repository+is+Blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kah,

I have the same issue too.

Get you a response on your OSS message?

regards

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue.

Any luck ?

Regard

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Still no luck as awaiting for OSS reply.