cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project User Status & PRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it because of a Product Bug why we can not restrict raising Network based PRs through User Status?

However, it does stop raising WBS based PRs.

Regards,

Dileepa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

According SAP automatic PR creation through Projects can not be restricted using Project User statuses.

Please refer the following note: 497090.

Regards,

Dileepa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to see that you have reiterated what i said in my post above, through an SAP note.

Regards,

Gokul

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dileepa,

This can be restricted till WBS Release. When WBS is in CRTD Status PR Will not be created via Projects.

This can be obtained by setting below config:

Goto OPUU

In network Profile there is option for Res./Purc.req. in this you have to set 2 (from release).

this may solve your problem.

thanks

Sunil

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Gokul & Deelipa.

User status profile will not stop you from creation of PR (it'll become part of your planned cost) from network activity.

@Sunil Yadav: Even if you do the configuration that you mentioned, system will not stop you set that option to "Immediately" in the material component overview in CJ20N & which will allow you to create PR the moment you save the project.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with you Amaresh. Would like to add some pointers in response to Sunil that  the fields RESBD-AUDISP & AFVGD-AUDISP which are relevant for option "immediately/from release" may not be controlled by any std. Field  modifications t-codes i.e. OPUA,OPUB,OPUC.

In that case just to make such fields non-editable we can make use of Transaction & Screen variants (SHD0) using appropriate program and screen number.

In this way , with system status CRTD , users wont be able to change the PR/Reserv. field manually and that changes only with manually releasing the cost object.

And, in case of allowing only some specific users to change/edit this field we have to create a corresponding transaction variant for the same screen variant.

Regards

Ankur

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree Ankur. You can make those fields read-only. I forgot that point.

There is  one more foolproof way, which will not allow to make any financial posting/ creation of PO etc...

Implement note 599813: which activates AVAC in the background even if budget is zero. This enforces user to do budgeting first before doing any financial posting on the project.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. I was thinking whether there is a way to automatically set the "Block" status for few WBS elements and attached Networks upon creation. I thinking of a User exit enhancement where the status will be set based on a parameter we set at Project definition level.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dileepa.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

Once you have done the setting of User Statu's Config. properly, then Assign your user status profile to relevant project profile(OPSA) and to relevant Network type(OPSC).

Note that the user status "Block" will append automatically along with WBS or Network creation if you have mentioned them as INIT (Initial status).

You may also check the relevant threads in the forum on such issue/s.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileepa,

Firstly, i would suggest you to search the forum to find an answer to your query.

I remember very well that i had replied to an exactly similar query few days back. I think i had also run a test on my system to answer that query. Anyway, based on the tests that i did and as far as i know, even if you use a User status to restrict PR creation from project, it won't work. I am not sure if it is a bug but i think SAP has designed it that way. Secondly, if you use a User status to restrict PR creation, it will work only if you try to create the PR manually and account assign a project object (Network activity or WBS) to the PR.

My suggestion to you would be to try what others have suggested in the posts above and see if it works. I believe user status works only when you create the PR manually.

Best Regards,

Gokul

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dileepa,

You can control various things Using User Status. Try creating user status and set while CRTD status PR will be forbidden and when REL than PR will be allowed.

thanks

Sunil

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can get your result as you desired by user status. like with network status crtd/release you can set that user could not create PR with desire status.

can you more elaborate you question so that forum can understand what is your requirement.

Regards,

Sanjeev