cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SAP BW with MS Reporting Services (SSRS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to extract information from SAP BW and display it with SSRS. I was defining a data source (in reporting Services) for this purpose (SAP NetWeaver BI (Xmla Client)). I specified the XMLA Service URL, SAP BW Options, user name and password. When I test the connection I receive a pop-up saying 'The connection either timed out or was lost.'. I noticed that the connection doesn't occur because I changed many parameters like user name, Language or Client and the message still remained the same. I tested the SAP BW XML/A provider by using Internet Explorer and it was successfull. Even if I inform a wrong address for XMLA Service URL the message is still the same. About the environment: The SAP BW (7.) is based on SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio is 2008 (Version 9.0.30729.1 SP) and MS .NET is 3.5 SP1.

Could you please helping me with some advice. I know something I lost in the way, but I don't know what. Thanks in advance.

Fernando

PS: The image below shows the pop-up showed when I pushed down the test button. It seems the connection never happens.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai .

I am having the same issue. Please Helpppppp Me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me to resolve this problem please provide me any link or any document to resolve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue now. Could anyone please provide some input to this problem? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was resolved. It was due to a typo in the XMLA URL in the SRSS connection.