cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS: DBDriver failed to load dbd_oci.dll after migrate to 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have migrated a Web Intelligence Report from BO XI 3.1 to BO 4.0 using the upgrade management tool in BO 4.0.

The upgrade went without problem, but when I try to run the reports (or test the connection) I get the following error:

CS: DBDriver failed to load : D:\BOBJ\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (The specified procedure could not be found.

)

My 3.1 report is against an Oracle 9i Database.

Best Regards,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BI 4.0 does not support oracle client 10g or less.You should install both 32bit and 64bit client of oracle11g.

Check out these notes,

1578731 - Database error: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : D:\SAPBusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Xi4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib64\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.)".(IES 10901)

1619829 - BI 4.x Error "DBDriver failed to load IES 10901 WIS 1090" when creating a webi report from Webintelligence application on Oracle.

After installations, do not forget to restart SIA.

Utku Sancaktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

I need to connect to an Oracle 9i database and Oracle11g clients does not support

connections to Oracle 9i.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I had same problem before.You are going to install oracle11g clients to your BO server.Ok it does not support oracle9i but you dont need to use oracle11g client.You will install it just for drivers and thats it.It will work.I have done this a few days ago.Also you have to change connection type of universes.You have to use oracle11 client in universes.

Please check notes,

Utku Sancaktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

That is very interesting information.

What Oracle 11g client version did you use? I can only find full database on oracle downloads.

Did you install both 64-bit and 32-bit to the BO server? if yes, in what order?

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its v11.2.0.You install both 64bit and 32bit, because server components use 64bit, but clients use 32bit drivers.

Utku Sancaktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

I have installed the 11.2.0 64-bit and 32-bit client. But when I try to make a connection to my Oracle 9i database I get the "ORA-03134 Connections to this server version are no longer supported" error.

Do I have to do anything else after installing the clients? Like copy drivers to some place or?

Best Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

No, i dont think so.Because i havent done anything more.Did you uninstall oracle9i client?

Utku Sancaktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utku,

I have no Oracle9i client installed on my server.

What version of Oracle 9i did you make your connection to?

I have Oracle 9.0.1.4 and for that version it is totally logical to receive the ORA-03134 error when connecting from an Oracle 11g client. That is for example the error I receive when I try to do SQLPlus connections to my Oracle 9 server.

Best Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have tried making connection with odbc drivers on BO server?

Utku Sancaktar

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ODBC For Oracle is not supported

i mean in BI4.0

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Where are you refreshing the report?  Via BILaunchPad or WebI Rich Client?

When you test the connection, is it in Universe Design Tool?

While BI 4.0 is 64-bit, the client tools are still 32-bit, so on the server, the 64 bit database client drivers will need to be installed and where you're running the client tools, the 32-bit drivers need to be installed.

So in addition to checking what Frederica suggest, double check that not only the supported versions are installed, but that the right bit designation for the tools you're using.

I hope that helps!

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to install the Oracle 10.2.0.3 32-bit Full Client. By doing this I can access

my Oracle9i through Universe Design Tool.

However the WebIntelligence still seems to require me to install the 64-bit client. The only client

I can find from Oracle for 10.2.0.3 is the Instant Client.

Do you know if it works to install the Instant Client with Business Objects?

Br,

Johan

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

The Clients Frederica listed above are the ones we support (Oracle Net Client).  The Instant Client *might* work, but it's not supported, so if you have problems with it, we wouldn't be able to help from a support perspective.

The Product Availability Matrix (PAM) of what SAP BusinessObjects supports can be found at

http://service.sap.com/pam

hth,

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I had similar issue. I have resolved by installing full Oracle 64 -bit client on the BOBJ server also set the odbc.ini file accordingly. ( I have Linux x_64 version so I have installaed Oracle 64-bit client for Linux.)

However on the client PC you have to install Oracle 32 bit client since BOBJ 4.0 client tools are 32-bit.

Also you have to use IDT ( not old Universe design tool ) if like to use universe.

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is that I have to connect to a 9.0.1 database and for that I need a 64-bit 10.0.2 client. Unfortunately Oracle has removed the downloads of those (Except for InstantClient).

My client tools is working with the full 32-bit driver that I installed.

I will try to install 64-bit Instant client and see if I can make it work.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had tried with 64-bit instance client, it did not work for me. By the way what is your OS ? Just month back I have downloded 10G 64-bit client from Oracle site.

Good luck.

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. I could not make it work with the Instant Client, so I have made a service request to Oracle and asked them to provide a full Oracle 10 Client (32 and 64-bit) for my environment. As soon as I get the media I will try installing that one.

I have the client tools installed on my server as well, so that is why I need to have both 32-bit and 64-bit clients installed side by side.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share your outcome once you get the Oracle client CD.

Regards,

Dipam

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

sorry to say but you are trying to use a non supported scenario. If for any reason you are able to make Oracle 9 work with BI4.0 you can at any moment incur in unexpected results or errors.

If you need to work with BI4.0 you must upgrade the Oracle 9 database to a supported version or migrate to another supported database.

Any other attempt to make this work is a dangerous waste of time.

Thanks and regards,

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to report from BI4.0 to an Oracle 9i as the version of Oracle is not supported

SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP04 PAM

Oracle
10gR2
Oracle Net Client 10g R2 (*4)

11gR1
Oracle Net Client 11g R1 (*4)

11gR2
Oracle Net Client 11g R2 (*4)

see PAM guide on the SMP ?

Regards

F.