cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT940 Electronic Bank Statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client require this time to run bank reconciliation in the format of MT940. Now i am configuring the EBS but there are some level where i am facing the problem regarding:

Assign External Transaction Type to posting Rule & Assign Bank Account to Transaction Type.

I created the MT940- Swift muticash transaction type thereafter when I come on  the  external Transaction type to posting rule Screen I don't know in external transaction type what should i fill

& in Assign Bank Account to Transaction type Which Bank Account G/l I have to define, Only main Bank account or incoming,outgoing,transfer & Receipt.

Please do the Needull.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When i uploading the bank statement in MT940 format, it is giving the error that +- invalid sign for sales.

After i will change the date format in statement then it is allowing to upload. But is any permanent solution available for this because i can't change the date format in every statement.

Second, System is not clearing the entries automatically after uploading the statement.

It is giving the error that Difference is too large for clearing.

Please do the Needfull.

Regards,

Atul 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks uma & prasad for the Reply.

As per regarding external transaction type, Bank doesn't know about this types they are trying to find but looking not possible. I want below fields:

Is there is any other altrenative for this which i can check on testing server. What i should fill in this all field that will do automatic clearing, posting of bank charges entry.

Bank Sent the Statement in MT940 Format, tell me this format is ok for uploading:

{1:F01AXISINcityXXXXXXXXXXXXX}{2:I940XXXXXXXXXXXXN}{4:

:20:MT940/28147186

:25:678678967897898

:28C:1/1

:60F:C686768INR5000767,06

:61:3456789045DR104950,00NMSCXXXX

:86:-CHQ no  TX party name                                 

:61:3456789045DR60000,00NMSCXXXX

:86:-CHQ no  TX party name                            

:61:3456789045DR86461,00NCHKXXXX

:86:-CHQ no    TX IIPM               

If any one can tell me about this fomat please tell me.

Your answer will be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

NMSC and NCHK in the 61st recorder are the external transaction types.

For checks - As bank is going to provide check number in recorder 86, you can use Interpretation algorithm 013 (Outgoing check or payment document). Clearing will be matching based on check number and posting will happen based on your posting rule

For Transfers : Is bank going to send payment document in line 86 ??

There are different other types as well. There may be different meanings but I am giving main one's.

NTRF - Transfer

NCHK : For checks

NCHG : Fees and Commission

Also, do cater a line for Unallocated debit and credit with a generic posting rule in the screenshot you have provided above.

Some additional information on the MT940 format,

:20: Statement marker whose variable part contains the date

(e.g., :20:ST050112CYC/1)

:25: IBAN compliant number of the account in the set

(e.g., :25:PL73114099990000666666001001)

:28C: Statement number (format: “statement number”/1)

(e.g., :28C:8/1 or :28:340/1)

:60F: Opening balance (contains balance symbol, date, currency, and amount)

(e.g., :60F:C050112PLN60213,04)

:61: Transaction n (see description below)

:86: Narrative for transaction n (see description below)

Iterative for n

transactions

:62F:

Closing balance (contains balance symbol, date, currency,

and amount)(e.g., :60F:C050112PLN18667,79)

:64: Available balance (contains balance symbol, date, currency, and amount)

(e.g., :64:C050112PLN18667,79)

Thanks

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been frequently involved in Multicash file upload for Electronic Bank reconciliation. Please find the format in BLOCK letters and description given.

Following is the header format

00130112 (Bank Key);0013-011272-001 (Bank Account No);00081 (Statement No);31.05.12 (Statement Date);QAR (Currency) ;000000000000.00 (OB) ;-00000002700.00 (Credit);000000000000.00 (Debit);-000000002700.00 (Closing);M/S.THE TRANSPORT CO.(MOWASALAT)   ;TRNS.CO.(MOW)-E;29.12.11;31.01.12;;;;;00364

Following is the Line format

00130112 (Bank Key);0013-011272-001 (Bank Account);00081 (Statement No);01.08.12 (Date); ; ;CSH WITHDRAWAL-CHQ (Activity)       ;;;;-00000015055.00 (Amount);;;01.08.12;;;00817501 (Cheque No)                           ;AMIEL 27560803210    (Reference)              ;BAS9599093          1201010        ;01/01 1116 0171 D509               ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;010 (Transaction External No);

I have never faced issues specific to EBS reconciliatio till now. You need to fill in the format with external transaction no 010 and assign the relevant posting rule in this case.

Since am not sure sharing EMail ID is allowed or not in forum have given input as i have.
shinas_rh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am also in Same issue..

I configured Till Posting Rules. But From there i am in confusion.

1. Create Transaction Type ;- I have created one Transaction Type " XYZ". I hope this is OK. And i named EBRS for My Company.

Then i selected That XYZ transaction Type and assigned  3 Of my Posting rule. Incoming, Out Going and bank Charges. 001 Algorithm for all 3. Do we need to use standard Transaction type or what i did is right ?????

2. Assign Bank Transactions.. Here i have 2 House Banks and each house bank Has 3 accounts. So can i use my XYZ Transaction type for all this 6 Bank Accounts or how is it working. Please explain on this.... what are the conditions to be considered on this Config.

i assigned for all my 6 bank accounts same XYZ. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now aftar this what are the Process to Upload the statement...

Athul, Plz share ur ideas and uma i found ur reply more informational. so can u help me on this regard.

Shinu.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello saravanan,

Thanks for the reponse.

I configured the EBS in system nd when i tried to upload that statement, system is accepting the statement but entry is not posted in the main bank account.

Following information is arising,

that IN bank posting a posting is not necessary for transaction ZAD1.

also that

While importing electronic bank statement, the system determines that not all transaction(business transaction code text keys, or posting texts) were in table t028g.

Enter the transaction in table t028g.

Afterward, start the processing again.

Following entries is missing in table t028g.

transaction type   external transaction  +-   Bank Key Bank Account   Shrt Key  St no  Mr no Text

MT940                  -CH                        -                                               20           1         1

Mt940                   -CH                        -                                              20           1         2

In configuration:

External Transaction    +-     Posting Rule                                                  Interpretation Algorithm

61                               +         ZAD1  (manual deposit with clearing)                                   00

NCHK                          +         SOCQ(outgoing cheque)                                                   015

NCHK                          -           ZAD1                                                                             00

NMSC                          +          ZAD1                                                                            00

NMSC                           -          ZAD1                                                                            00

Please Suggest me is I am right or I am doing some wrong.

Your answer is highly appreciable.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

I would recommend to check the EBS in a Test system from the scratch. Please configure this scenario and check that should work. Ensure your F-53 Outgoing payment transaction has the check number in reference and assignment field and the bank statement also has the check number displayed after the amount.

Please check the following steps for EBS configuration, say a check payment.

Step 1

Create Account Symbol ZCHK - Check Payables and ZCUR - Current Account

Step 2

Assign the Account symbol to GL Account ZCHK - 110010 and ZCUR - 110000

Step 3

Create keys for posting rules Z101 - Incoming Checks

Step 4

Define Posting Rules

In Posting Rule Z101, please ensure the following

Posting Area 1

Debit - Mention Account Symbol ZCHK

Credit - Mention Posting Key 50 and Account Symbol - ZCUR

Document Type - SA

Posting Type - 4

Step 5

Create Transaction Types MT940 - Swift

Step 5.1

Assign external transaction types to posting rules

Be careful while linking the posting rule to external transaction (Consider check payment external transaction number is 100, assign that to the posting rule Z101, further intrepretation algorithm 001)

Step 6

Assign bank accounts to transaction types

Ensure Bank key, Bank account and transaction types are linked together.

Atul

Understanding the logic would certainly take time once the same is done you can fix any issues, thats how i learnt EBS.

Regards

Saravanan

If the same works assign points to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello saravanan,

Thanks for the response.

Currently i m doing this in development server.

Please See the trailing discussion, which i configued and please tell me according to that.

All steps which i configured for EBS defined earlier.

Only entry is not posted in the system.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Let me know do u get only 2 entries as mentioned below in Table T028G

transaction type   external transaction  +-   Bank Key Bank Account   Shrt Key  St no  Mr no Text

MT940                  -CH                        -                                               20           1         1

Mt940                   -CH                        -                                              20           1         2

If this is the case the external transaction need to be updated in the config and assigned to the posting rule

Check in the posting rule proper debit and credit account maintained for ZAD1 along side account symbols.

Finally check these account symbols assigned to GL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Check this i Configured right upto this stage and what is left to do for EBS.

Create Account Symbol:

Bank

bank_charges

Incoming

Incoming Transfer

Outgoing

Outgoing Transfer

Then Assign Accounts to Account Symbol:

Account Symbol             Account Modification      Currency         G/l Account

Bank                                      +                              +                 +++++++++0

Bank Charges                         +                              +                  430650

Incoming                                 +                              +                 +++++++++1

Incoming Transfer                     +                              +                 +++++++++1

Outgoing                                  +                              +                 +++++++++2

Outgoing Transfer                      +                              +                 +++++++++2

Then Create Keys for Posting Rules:

SICQ - Incoming Cheque

SIPD - Bank Interest

SITR - Incoming Transfer

SOCQ - Outgoing Cheque

SOTR - Outgoing Transfer

Then Define Posting Rule

Posting Rule  Posting type  Posting Key   Acc Debit   Posting Key  Acc Credit  Doc Type Posti Typ

SCHG             1                  40                Bank Charges    50          Bank          SA         1

SEDO             2                  04                                        50          Int              DR          2

SED1              2                 04                                         50         Charges       DR         2

SED2              2                 40                  Interest            34                            KR         3

SED3             2                  40                  Charges          34                            KR          3

SICQ             1                   40                  Bank                           Incoming      AB          5

SIPD             1                   40                  Int_Paid          50         Bank            SA          1

SITR             1                   40                  Bank                          Incoming tran AB          5

SOCQ          1                                        Outgoing          50        Bank              AB         4

SOTR           1                                        Outgoing Transfer 50     Bank              AB       4

Posting Type Define:

1- Post To G/l Account

2- Post Sub Ledger Account Debit

3- Post Sub Ledger Account Credit

4- Clear Debit G/l A/c

5- Clear Credit G/l A/c

7- Clear Debit Subledger A/c

8- clear credit Subledger A/c.

9- Reset & Reverse Clear

External Transaction    +-     Posting Rule                                                  Interpretation Algorithm

61                               +         ZAD1  (manual deposit with clearing)                                   00

NCHK                          +         SOCQ(outgoing cheque)                                                   015

NCHK                          -           ZAD1                                                                             00

NMSC                          +          ZAD1                                                                            00

NMSC                           -          ZAD1                                                                            00

This is full configuration which i had done.

When i uploading the statement

this is coming at one screen:

While importing electronic bank statement, the system determines that not all transaction(business transaction code text keys, or posting texts) were in table t028g.

Enter the transaction in table t028g.

Afterward, start the processing again.

Following entries is missing in table t028g.

But i checked i table there is all external transaction type defined.

I am taking the test case of bank statement and uploading with only two entries and both entries are for payment to vendor through bank in which NMSC- is using by sap.

Now please see this and tell me where i m wrong.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Please find my observations

I could not find Posting Rule ZAD1 in this config first

Posting Rule  Posting type  Posting Key   Acc Debit   Posting Key  Acc Credit  Doc Type Posti Typ

SCHG             1                  40                Bank Charges    50          Bank          SA         1

SEDO             2                  04                                        50          Int              DR          2

SED1              2                 04                                         50         Charges       DR         2

SED2              2                 40                  Interest            34                            KR         3

SED3             2                  40                  Charges          34                            KR          3

SICQ             1                   40                  Bank                           Incoming      AB          5

SIPD             1                   40                  Int_Paid          50         Bank            SA          1

SITR             1                   40                  Bank                          Incoming tran AB          5

SOCQ          1                                        Outgoing          50        Bank              AB         4

SOTR           1                                        Outgoing Transfer 50     Bank              AB       4

I could not find also the posting key ZAD1

SICQ - Incoming Cheque

SIPD - Bank Interest

SITR - Incoming Transfer

SOCQ - Outgoing Cheque

SOTR - Outgoing Transfer

Are you sure the configuration done for ZAD1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

There is no configuration done by me for posting rule ZAD1.

Only the postling rule ZAD1(manual deposit with clearing) exit in my system. No posting key

as ZAD1 exits.

It may be done by my earlier colleague.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Maintain the entries and am pretty sure reconciliation should happen. assign points if done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

I make a same configuration in testing server, there also same problem is arising which was arising in development server.

See that image

In this no entry is passed in the system.

This screen will come after execution of ff_5.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravanan,

I have already this document. But still i m getting the same error.

Have i Assigned right external transaction type to posting rule. i have an only doubt on this step.

Please check and tell me .

Regards,

Atul goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your bank file provided is either not read by the system or there could be a format issue. Check whether the same is as mentioned in my last link PDF.

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

In The assign Bank account to Transaction type we will assign our house bank, account id, and bank account to the transaction type which is Mt940 is your case

External Transaction types are those which will be provided by banks to identify the nature of transactions. please check with your bank about the external transaction types

based on the external Transaction types we will define the posting rules and assign to ex transaction types

When you upload the files, system will check the external transaction type and get the posting rule and post entries based on the posting rule

In the assign bank account to external transaction type filed we will assign the Bank account number and not the GL accounts of the bank

Hope this will helps you

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanx for the reply.

Check this i Configured right upto this stage and what is left to do for EBS.

Create Account Symbol:

Bank

bank_charges

Incoming

Incoming Transfer

Outgoing

Outgoing Transfer

Then Assign Accounts to Account Symbol:

Account Symbol             Account Modification      Currency         G/l Account

Bank                                      +                              +                 +++++++++0

Bank Charges                         +                              +                  430650

Incoming                                 +                              +                 +++++++++1

Incoming Transfer                     +                              +                 +++++++++1

Outgoing                                  +                              +                 +++++++++2

Outgoing Transfer                      +                              +                 +++++++++2

Then Create Keys for Posting Rules:

SICQ - Incoming Cheque

SIPD - Bank Interest

SITR - Incoming Transfer

SOCQ - Outgoing Cheque

SOTR - Outgoing Transfer

Then Define Posting Rule

Posting Type Define:

1- Post To G/l Account

2- Post Sub Ledger Account Debit

3- Post Sub Ledger Account Credit

4- Clear Debit G/l A/c

5- Clear Credit G/l A/c

7- Clear Debit Subledger A/c

8- clear credit Subledger A/c.

9- Reset & Reverse Clear

This is Configuartion Done and after this there is three step remains:

1- Create Transaction Type

2- Assign external Transaction Type to Posting Rule

3- Assign Bank Accounts To Transaction Type.

This Steps Remains.

Now Please tell what should I Do.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Create a naming convention for MT940

Did you bank gave any Transaction types ?

2.What will be the transaction types used by the bank for customer clearings, vendor clearings, bank charges, interest charges etc

Get the above list of transaction types from the bank and create them as external transaction types and assign the posting rule that has been created

3. Assign the naming convention that has been creted earlier to the house bank, account id, and the bank account no

Hope this will helps you

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope below details gives you additional information / thoughts,

1. Create Transaction type : This is just your own identification for the bunch of similar transactions. Ex: check - for all checks related transactions, ACH_clearing - for clearing transactions.

2. Assign external Transaction Type to Posting Rule : Here you need to assign posting rules created by you to the transaction type you have created in the above step

Ex:Under "Check"

line 1 : External transaction type from bank(ex:NCHK) -  SOCQ 013 (Outgoing check Interpretation algorithm)

line2 : NMSC  + SCHG 000(No interpretation)

Note : External tarnsactions list needs to be obtained from bank. Interpretation algorithm keep changing with the type transaction and it will be based on the note to payee or additional information bank is going to send. It can be reference doc, check number etc

3. Assign Bank Accounts To Transaction Type : Assign Bank key and Bank account from FI12 to transaction type from step1 (Check in this case), you can also use Company code if you want to be more specific. But, now required always.

Thanks

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Uma thanx for the answer.

Could you please clarify on this.

In the above u said that the transaction type which I have created need to assign to posting rule.

But when I am assigning that I didn't found the tab where to assign transaction type(not external transaction type) to posting rule.

And My client is not posted bank charges entries. It will automatically posted at the time of Reconciliation and I want automatic clearing at the time of EBS upload, So please tell me  Which Algorithm I should to  use and Planning type and Dummy interpertation.

Your answer would be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Atul Goyal

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Atul

We will not assign the Transaction type to posting rule , We will assign External transaction type to posting rule

Bank charges entries will get posted automatically once you upload the EBS file

Use of interpretation algorithm depends on individual case. In our case we used 000 no interpretation and processing type dummy entry     

Hope it will helps you

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1.Transaction type is the one we create, under which there should be the assignment to the "External transaction type" to the posting rule (step1 in my original reply). You need to get external transaction types from your bank.

2. Interpretation algorithms for bank charges will be 000 No interpretation usually as this posting is not specifically related and recognised by any SAP transaction.

Hope this gives some idea.

Thanks

Uma