cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certain machines and areas are fully operated or maintained or both by AMC agency...So whenever i create a notification/order for those areas/equipments how can i deal with the responsibility part?

How can i deal with work center part?billing from agency will be monthly or quarterly and its not case to case billing...

AMC Agency's  employees and its strength is not relevant for me..they are not mapped in sap too....

so should i create one dummy work center for AMC contractors and then make use of partner function to identify them or is there any other approach for the same?

thanks,

ebin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abin,

Please refer below SAP link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/5b/ae48624b8611d182ba0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

I think your scenario is very much similar to it and you can utilize the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Mihir Popat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Responsibility in notification & order is to mention the person who is going to follow-up & to whom the information will be available.

You can create In-house Engineers or Maintenance Supervisors as work center & you can mention the same.

While executing the order, you will use PM02 or PM03 (Standard External control keys or customised appropriately). So that, it wont pick the cost from that work center.

You can make use of Partner Function about AMC agencies who is operating or maintaining or doing both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

There is no one from the company side to interfere until and unless there is an issue with the maintenance from amc agency...so i cant put any work center from the company side as responsible..

so i am thinking of creating one dummy work center for all amc agencies with default control key PM01 itself....can i keep the costing tab blank without entering the cost center for the dummy cost center... is it the right approach?

thanks,

ebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though you paying through AMC, how you will know what is the cost incurred for that equipment??

If you don't calculate any cost for AMC order, those costs will be omitted from the reports.

For AMC, you would have created Scheduling Agreement in MM / Purchasing side. Create PO against this agreement & make this PM order as Account assignment. So that, whatever amount you posting against that PO will be updated in PM order which can be settled to some cost center.

Suggestion: Create AMC Agency as dummy work center without costing. Assign PM02 as control key & make PR as Never, so that no PRs will be created from PM order. Then you can follow the above path from scheduling agreement to settlement.

In planned cost, you can mention some cost or you can keep it blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks alot for ur views...

Issue is that there could be "N" no of maintenance notifications /orders created against an amc agency in a month...

the contract could be comprehensive, only service,service +consumables only,rate contract ( per hour rating for each work is defined and final amount based on what work is done) ..so at the end of the moth or quarter amc contractor comes with the bill...if its lumpsum contract fixed amount to be paid to the vendor plus addional costs which is not in the contract..if its rate contract amount as per the work done...

as u said there is a purchase order in the beginning...i cant assign the account assignment of this purchase order with any single order as there could be so many orders against this amc agency for the month....

thanks,

ebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our scenario one PO will be created initially and payment could be done monthly or quarterly to the vendor.Payment could be fixed amount or based on hours worked or a fixed amount plus cost of spares consumed...

so i cant assign one maintenance order against the first purchase order...AMC agency might have done "n" no of work during the billing period...

so when ever  an additional payment comes then i can raise a PR through maintenance order and proceed...if there is no additional payment keep mm process separately for payment and pm process just to track the progress of activities?

ur suggestions please...

thanks

ebin

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ebin ,

In your case , I think you should create a seperate work ctr for each of your contractors( fix rate and per hour ) .

For each of these contractors create service PO . In case of contractors with fix rate create this PO with unknown account assignment category .

In case of Fix rate :

Whenever the contractor has raised invoice then create a service entry sheet(SES) against its service PO .Also create a maintenance order . In SES , it will ask you for maintenance order. Enter the order no and save the SES .

This will help you to capture the maintenance cost .

In case of Per hour cost :

In the associated work ctr , mention the activity under costing tab . Also under this activity , use the perhour rate (KP26) . Now whenever contractor is going to perform a job create a maintenance order with an operation work ctr as that of contractor .

While doing the time confirmation for the operation (IW41) , mention the time spent on job . Once this is done the cost will be capture automatically in maintenance order.

Now whenever the contractor has raised invoice , create SES against PO . In this case , SES will be done by taking the reference of SAP standard report (IW47)for the total number of hours captured against the work ctr of that contractor .

against this SES paymen tcan be done .

Regards