cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to modify process chain in production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is common question. But in my case it looks different.

I am not able to modify the process chain in production system. It says "non-modifiable".

I tried Object changeability setting to "changeable originals" for process chains, start variant, process varaint in Transport connection.

But no luck. Still im getting the same error.

I tried to log-off and log-in again. But no luck.

Kindly provide your inputs to resolve this issue.

User id has SAP_ALL profile.

Regards,

Karthick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I think it has to do with the object settings in the transport connection. Normally the production system is set to 'not modifiable'. However, there are some BW object types that you might have to change from time to time. E.g. process chain start process, InfoPackage.

You can find in the transport connection "object changeability" where you can change this behavior for particular object types.

Please refer to SAP Help for more information.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thank you so much for providing the link. Its very informative.

Regards,

Karthick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Why would you want to change the process chain in prod system directly. ?

I believe if you have SAP_ALL auth, that doesn't mean that you can able to modify process chain. You can able to view all the report values despite they are auth relevant.

As said by Vince, you can do which authorization you're deficit of, in SU53.

I once needed to do this in firefighter mode wherein the basis team did some changes in scc4 transaction. You can contact them also.

Br,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

We need to modify the process chain to include IPAK which loads data from ODS to cube thro 8* datasource(DataMart).

This IPAK cant be transported from dev to pdn. I tried to transport. But it failed. In order to include that IPAK We need to modify the chain in production.

Regards,

Karthick.

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

If the UserID has SAP_ALL profile, I think that is not just simple BI/BW Authorization issue, Basis team normally locked Production server to avoid any discrepancy between Prod, QA and Dev environment. You might need to check with your Basis team to unlock the system for changing.

You can try using T-code SU53 to trace which authorization rights your userID needs.

But I honestly think that the best way is to do the changes in Dev environment first, then transport to QA/PROD.

Kind regards.