cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Integration package for SWIFT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have some confusion about the SAP Bank communication management and SAP Integration package for SWIFT, please help to advise. Thank you!

- Do we need separate license for SAP Bank Communication Mgmt and another license for SAP Integration package for SWIFT ?

- If we wish to use only SAP Integration package for SWIFT, how do we create payment file (through payment run F110, DMEE ? ) and how SAP SWIFT Integration package can get that payment file & send to bank.

- How we monitor the status of that payment file without using SAP Bank commnunication.

Those questions may be basic but I'll be really appreciated for any advice.

Thank you very much!!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nico_dewaele
Active Contributor

You usually export/import from the bank software to/from your network and to/from SAP from/to your network.

F110: export DME (SAP) to your network, upload payment file to bank software from network

FF_5: export electronic bank statement from bank software to your network, upload file from network to SAP

No additional license is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nico, but if we connect to bank, we'll need to maintain connection to each bank and that may cost a lot.

We're thinking of using SAP Integration Package for SWIFT to connect to SWIFT net instead of establishing connection to each bank.

But still, we have concern whether it's okie to use only  SAP Integration Package without Bank communication Management module.

Please help to suggest. Thank you!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nnguyen

1, Do we need separate license for SAP Bank Communication Mgmt and another license for SAP Integration package for SWIFT ?

Answer: No; SAP integration package for SWIFT (SIPS) is included in the BCM license.

2. If we wish to use only SAP Integration package for SWIFT, how do we create payment file (through payment run F110, DMEE ? ) and how SAP SWIFT Integration package can get that payment file & send to bank.

Answer: Till now it was communicated by SAP that SIPS needs and runs on PI.

But It was announced at this year's SAP TRM conference in London, that to run BCM you not necessarily need PI .

We implemented SAP and SWIFTNet connectivity with various SAP blueprints for 50+ SAP customers. Where we  do have as well customers running SIPS without PI.

3. How we monitor the status of that payment file without using SAP Bank commnunication.

Answer: One of the key advantages next to the payment release and bulking functionality is the dashboard  / monitoring feature of BCM.

Next to BCM there are as well 3rd party monitoring solutions available,

prashanthgurra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

One of my clients is looking to use Swiftnet for all the banking transactions and we are in discussions with Swiftnet team on various connectivity options. Understand Alliance Access and Lite2 Autoclient are the 2 options, the former providing connectivity over SOAP and the later being a secure file transfer. At this stage we are not looking at procuring the BCM/SIPS package and will be implementing this solution on PO 7.4.

1. In both the cases the Swiftnet team is advising to install their proprietary software on box hosting PI. Is this mandatory, for files cant we use the standard SAP SFTP adapter which comes as an add-on?

2. If we proceed with installing Autoclient in case of file transfers, would like to perform the mapping from IDOC's to FIN/FileAct (target format) in PI and place the file in the Emission directory of Autoclient, which will be sent automatically to Swiftnet. I suspect there will be no OS scripts required to move the files around. Is this feasible?

3. If we do go down the path of procuring license for BCM/SIPS, do we still have to install Autoclient to send files to swiftnet?

Your previous comments in all the discussions have been very helpful in understanding the SWIFT setup for SAP, thanks for all the information.

Regards,

Prashanth

0 Kudos

Hi I have a partner with the same question. Did you get an answer?

I do not find the licences to be priced for SAP Integration Package for SWIFT and Bank communication Management module.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any suggestion, please advise ! Thank you!