cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Web Intelligence report to FTP

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to schedule web intelligence report from CMC to FTP. I am getting this error "connection error. [Failed to get replay from ftp server]: [CrystalEnterprise.Ftp] ".

I have configured Adaptive Job Server, Destination Job Server, Job Server.

In the destination after selecting FTP , provided below details ..

Host : Localhost

Port : 21

User name : Domain name\user name

Password : machine pwd

Account : < Blank - no value supplied >

Directory : My machine\shared folder

Please let me know if i am giving any incorrect values.

User name, password credentials are my local machine credentials not  BO XI credentials. With these credentials only i am running SIA.

My environment : BO XI r3.1 , windows 7 , My sql DB.

In the metrics of Adaptive job server i observed that " FTP Destination Default Settings Valid " set to false.

"Unmanaged Disk Destination Default Settings Valid " set to false.

How to change these settings to true.

Can any one of you please help me out in this issue. Its very urgent.

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

Can we check the BO Service account which runs your BusinessObjects Installation is having access to the FTP which are referencing?

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I checked with BO service account to access FTP. It can able to access.

Subash

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given following details for scheduling to FTP. Now i am getting this error "connection error. [Communication error while reading data from FTP server: WSA10038]: [CrystalEnterprise.Ftp]".

Host : destination server IP address

User Name : Domain name \ User Id

Password : ******

Account : < Blank -- No values supplied >

Directory : //my machine shared folder / Folder name

Any clue please let me know in this issue.

Thanks,

Subash

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

Try the FTP connection without the Domain Name, just user ID.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally i got solution for this. For installing FTP server in my machine i.e. windows 7 woent through the steps in  http://www.programmerfish.com/how-to-make-local-ftp-server-in-windows-7/ .

In the last step while giving Authentication we need to select "Basic" not "Anonymous".

Due to this only i got all the above errors.

1.  For scheduling Web Intelligence report from BO enterprise to FTP server we need to update the destination properties of Adaptive Job Server(in Destination Server).

2.   For scheduling Crystal Report report from BO enterprise to FTP server we need to update the destination properties of Crystal Report Job Server(in Destination server).

3.    To avoid any type of run time unknown errors it’s better to update all the job servers destination properties in CMC.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I also have an issue and needed your help. I tried sending a Report via FTP. I have all the correct credentials but when i schedule it, the status goes to "running" for a few minutes then it goes to "pending". Any thoughts, please advice...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

In XI 3.1 you will need to enable ALL the Job Servers with the FTP destination.  Depending on what type report Crystal, WebI or DeskI that you want to test.   Test to make sure that FTP is working properly using IE then this setting will need to set for ALL the job servers.

Regards,

Ajay Gupta

0 Kudos

Ajay,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain the steps to set up FTP.

How to test it with IE whether it is working properly or not ?

Its very urgent

Thanks,

Subash

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I have enabled all the corresponding Job servers with FTP destination and tried to schedule the report.

I got this error "connection error. [Failed to get replay from ftp server]: [CrystalEnterprise.Ftp]".

Server Used:boxi machine.JobServer

The details i provided is

Host : localhost

User Name : Domain name \ User Id

Password : ******

Account : < Blank -- No values supplied >

Directory : //my machine shared folder / Folder name

Thanks,

Subash

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

Did you test the FTP using Windows Explorer / IE / FireFox to make sure that FTP is working properly from Non-BOBJ tools.  I think you my have a problem with the FTP server not working properly since everything is set-up on same server.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Ajay,

I tried to access FP location from IE / Mozilla,. It is working fine from all the browsers.

After updating all the servers with FTP details i am getting following error.

"connection error. [Failed to get replay from ftp server]: [CrystalEnterprise.Ftp]"

Thanks,

Subash