cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 9.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have a problem with the installation of SAP B1 9.0 .

(First, I've installed SQL Server 2008 R2)

Then I began with installation of Server, as it was recommended.

Server Tools were installed successfully.

Then, automatically, Wizard began to install SAP Business One Server.

In the window "License Authentication" Wizard selected SiteUser ID = B1SiteUser (can't be changed) and my task is to input Password and License Server.

When I input Password and License Server and click "Next", the message "Authentication against the specified License Server has failed. Check your Site User password." appears.

(I input the same password like during the installation of Server Tools)

Rebooting didn't help.

I also tried to create in the SQL Studio new login B1SiteUser with my Password (Security -> Logins then right click on it -> New Login).

But it also didn't help with SAP installation!

Anybody can help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Uninstall all SAP components, make sure the SAP folder is gone from C drive.

You can use ccleaner to help you clean your registry.

Then you install server tools from the packages folder the SBO server respectively.

Hope this will be helpful

Thanks

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

input your userID as "sa" without quote

and your initial DB password that you set. if you follow the manual, the password was SAPB1Admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dmitry

Please open the sql management studio and then open the list of server name in the server name column. And click Browse more and select the network server. in that please find the name of the server which you give while installation. select that server and sql user id and password. after that try the installation with the new server name

For example

CCPLAL19\SQL SERVER  give full name of the server and then try it will work.

Thanks & Regard

M.syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is what I did to fix mine:

1. Enable TCP/IP Protocol on SQL Server.
     2. Set SQL Browser service to Auto Start.
     3. Disable the Windows Firewall.
     4. Uninstall SAP (everything)
     5. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP
     6. Reboot the machine
     7. Reinstall SBO 9

After all of this, I installed without a problem.

Thanks,
Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was anyone able to resolve this issue with Version 9.0?

None of the solutions mentioned here or on other thread (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3267274) has worked for me. I am still waiting for SAP to provide the solution. I have TCP/IP Enable, SQL Server Browser enabled and have installed the new version of server tools that came with version 9.0 install files. Not sure what's wrong.

Thanks for the help,

Dhairya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to make it work. The detail solution that worked for me is available on http://scn.sap.com/thread/3267274.   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to do installation again by giving IP adress everywhere instead of server name and make sure your sql server doesn't have any instance specified.

Regards

mike_taylor3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I found the solution in the log files.  It says to turn on the SQL Server Browser and this actually fixed the problem.

I was able to install the server, access the SLD, etc.

Make sure you restart after turning the service on (set it to automatic) and it will work!

Good luck guys!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dmitry,

I'm having the same problem you reported the top, you could solve this problem?

I've made several attempts striker and always the same problem.

Thanks

Rafael

mark_kenworthy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dmitry,

Please try the below:
1. Please check whether TCP/IP protocol has been enabled in the SQL Server which you provided in Server Tools installer. You can check this in SQL Server Configuration manager (SQL Server Network Configuration). Please make sure TCP/IP protocol of SQL Server is enabled.
2. Please check whether you are using an HTTP proxy for network access. If yes, please add the system landscape directory server address to the list of proxy exceptions and try again.
If it still not work after you done all the checks above, please log a ticket with SAP Support including the related log files,
1. SAP Business One log files, you can get the log files at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log. Please compress all files in this path and upload.
2. System Landscape Directory log files, you can get the log files at <Server Tools install path>/ System Landscape Directory\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business On e ServerTools\System Landscape Directory\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\logs).
Log the call under component: SBO-PRE-90 (Preview Version 9.0). I cannot offer further help as the above fixed my issue.
Thanks
Mark

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry Yagnyatinsky.

Does SAP 9 has been released? Can you send link of the download path

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kennedy T wrote:

> Does SAP 9 has been released? Can you send link of the download path

I've made a mistake, I meant SAP 8 but PL 9

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry Yagnyatinsky

Try These steps.. The B1 Site User password cannot be recovered, but can be overwritten:

1. Open SAP Business One Server Manager

2. From the Drop down list choose License manager

3. Click on Settings

4. Click on "Configure Security"

5. Click on "Change Site password"

6. Validate Credentials byServer Database credentials

7. Fill in Database type (MSSQL 2005 or 2008)

8. Fill In the Database Server (Name or IP of SQL Server)

9. Fill in User name (e.g. 'SA') and fill in the related password for the chosen user

10. Type in "New Site Password

11. Repeat (confirm) the "New Site password

12. Memorize the new password

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue here with version 9.0. Tried to enable SQL browser, checked TCP/Ip, etc. but nothing works.