cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am creating custom solution using solution builder and  have attached my custom bc sets to building blocks

When i am importing this solution in another system and activating , the system is unable to find my custom bc

sets .

I have attached BC sets directly and not used any variant/external file

is that is the reason pls help as i dont have any idea about that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

When you create a new BC set, system asks for a Transport Request. After you are done with creation of BC set, you should release that Transport Request (TR) so that the BC set should be trasported to other system in which you are activating new solution through Solution Builder.

Hope you got the answer.

For more clarification, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards

Hemchandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemachandra,

I have a doubt here,

If we are going to upload our own solution to another system that is not in our landscape, how come the transport request system will do the above.

As per my knowledge all the solutions are meant to be independent of transport requests, those are ready to be downloading and uploading. Please guide me If I went wrong.

With warm regards,

Srikanth Naidu. Akula

pkar036
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

The point is that a custom BC Set is equivalent to an abap object created in the source system.

Solution builder is just the means to access and run this abap object in a defined sequence.

There are other ways as well to execute or run a BC Set in any system. There are transactions SCPR20 etc to aid in such cases.

Now the point which Hem was talking about was that, there should be some means the Abap object ( BC Set ) created in source system should be there in destination system where it is run.

Again here, if the two system are connected to each other through SAP STMS route, then the method mentioned by Hem will work.

If not, you could simply take the data files and co files of the TR from the source system and copy them in the destination system.

This issue will be resolved.

Kindly let me know if I have cleared your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Let me know how you are trying to upload / importing the solution to another system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I am importing the solution in xml format in target system using solution builder (via the path given during exporting the solution from source system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What is the T-code you are using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

T Code for Solution Builder is /n/smb/bbi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

After Importing the custom solution to the desired client (External System), you will be able to view the Solution and the corresponding Scenario like below.

Then you need to select your scenario, then click on Implementation Assistant, then it will leads you to below screen, where you can find your BC Set.

If you are not able to see the above, you must be missing something. We will see what it is in the next update.