SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ISU Certification - C_FSUTIL_60 SAP Certified Associate - Utilities with SAP ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In this post I just want to share my experience passing the SAP certification exam C_FSUTIL_60 SAP Certified Associate - Utilities with SAP ERP 6.0.

As most of the SAP certification exams, this one consists of 80 questions from the following area (number of questions are aproximative as are cited from memory):

Configure basic functions - 9 questions

Create master data - 9 questions

Validate integration - 8 questions

FI-CA Post Items - 9 questions

FI-CA Manage payments - 8 questions

Customer Service - 9 questions

Device Management- manage devices - 5 questions

Device Management-Process meter reading - 9 questions

Billing and Invoicing - 14 questions

There are questions with 1 answer and questions with multiple answers (the number of correct answers is specified). Questions with one answer have usually 4 answers to choose from and the ones with multiple answers have 5 answers to choose from.

The passing score is 53%, meaning you need to answer correctly to 43 questions.

My weak area is FICA but I scored 88% for FICA- Post Items but only 37% for FICA-Manage payments.

The certification can be done online. I took the exam at an authorized PearsonVue center, more details here:www.pearsonvue.com. The cost is 500 USD or 300 EUR.

Some sample questions:

1) About installation facts - one factor operand has value 1 at the installation facts starting from 1 sept 2012,  value 2 at the rate category facts level starting from 1st June 2012 and value 3 at rate facts starting from 1st July.

Q: What value is taking into account by billing engine for billing period 1.06.2012 to 30.06.2012

2) EASIBI transaction is execute successively but the are no posting to FICA. When can this happen? (2 answers are correct)

a) the print document is outsorted

b) the meter reading is implausible

c) the processing option was set to billing

3) Other question was about EL31 - Monitoring meter readings: for which master data you can see meter reading result with the following options:

a) Contract account

b) Contract

c) Premise

d) Tehnical installation

4) There was another question regarding register relation ships. The question had a picture where 3 devices where linked (dev 2 to dev 1 and dev 3 to dev 1) and there was the description of how this construct is behaving (the dev2 consumption is deducted from dev1 consumption) and the question was what kind of relationship is defined betweek the dev1 and dev2 and it had a few options, one of them was the serial switching.

There were some tricky questions I don't remember :), specially in the FI-CA :).

Other sample questions are here:

https://training.sap.com/uploads/C_FSUTIL_60_sample_items.pdf

If anyone else has passed the certification exam, please feel free to share you experience in this post.

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations

murtuza_chhatariya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Congratulations

Thanks for sharing this very nice information.

Were there any CRM questions? CRM to ISU linkage related?

Also anything related to Idocs / IDE?

and last question - was there negative marking for wrong answers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations.

What documentation helped you prepare for exam? Is IUT110 course sufficient enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have recently taken the C_FSUTIL_60 exam in SAP TechEd 2012 held at Bangalore and cleared the exam. I wanted to share my experience in preparation for the exam.

When you have planned to appear for the exam, you have to read through two training documents - IUT110 and IUT210. But just reading these documents theoretically will not be sufficient. It will be really beneficial if you also see those relevant transactions in SAP system for each of those sections discussed in the documents. Because some of the questions can be answered only if you have seen the relevant transaction screens.

If you are an expert in a specific module of IS-U, then get help of other module experts to understand the sections discussed in the training documents. If you are a Device Management consultant, then get help of Billing & Invoicing, FICA and Customer Service while you read those sections in the document.

A sample question is:

1) In Account Balance Display (FPL9), what are the options possible? (Multiple answers are correct)

a. Display installation

b. Display returns history

c. Change Contract

d. Mass Change

e. Create budget billing plan

Hence some questions were really tricky. Sincere advice is that please take at least few days to prepare for this exam and then take the exam. All the best.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi ,

Congrats for clearing the exam.

As you said that you taken the exam from India,is there any option we take this test from India.

I heard that India is not in list of countries where we can take exam .

Please advice

Thanks in Advance

Pabba reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Pabba reddy,

I have taken this exam during the SAP TechEd 2012 event held in Bangalore during 28-30 November 2012. During this event, SAP had allowed to take this Utilities certification exam C_FSUTIL_60 in India.

Still this exam is not opened up for India

Thanks,

Sakthi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also planning for SAP ISU BILLING certification. I am studying IUT230. Can you please suggest me the course syllabus. what else I have to refer. where I have to enroll and what are the fee, all the details.

Regards,

Narendra

0 Kudos

Narendra:

there is no certification specifically for billing.  The only utilities certification is for the full solution scope as indicated above.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have also taken the SAP ISU Certification ( C_FSUTIL_60) exam in June and cleared the exam.

Go through the below link  who willing to take up the ISU Certification exam:

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_fsutil_60-sap-certified-associate---utilities-with-sap-e...

Please see below the list of topics that will be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them:

Billing and Invoicing , RTP > 12% (IUT 110)

Create master data , IDE > 12% (IUT 210)

Customer Service , CRM > 12% (IUT 110)

Configure basic functions 8% - 12% (IUT 110)

Device Management/EDM 8% - 12% (IUT 110)

FI-CA: Manage payments 8% - 12% (IUT 110)

FI-CA: Post items 8% - 12% (IUT 110)

Validate integration 8% - 12% (IUT 110)

Device Management /Process Meter Readings < 8% (IUT 110)

Clearing this exam needs a thorough reading of IUT 110 and IUT 210 course material. Majorly, we all good at one topic out of ISU modules DM, Billing , Fica, CS/CRM, IDE, Master Data, RTP...

For to clear this exam, we need to have basic concepts of all modules.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Hi Narender, Did you take the exam at TechEd or outside India?

Regards

Rajasekhar

former_member193025
Participant
0 Kudos

Conratulations Danial,

Cherry.

former_member381410
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The exam can be taken in India, please do check with SAP training India.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Content removed by moderator

Message was edited by: William Eastman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anybody knows where to get the training material for this certification?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one share the process to apply for this examination.As i can see there is less replies received to the utilities associate level exam queries compare to other modules certification queries.

Please any one who had recently passed utilities associate level exam please your ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

SMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any sap press book for sap isu ?

Or any online study material sap authorized ?

osamaelsayed
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I'm not able to find a Utility Training Courses in English , i only found the german language One and its only In Germany

My Regards

Osama