cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Type 06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For return sales inspection i activated inspection type 06 in material master.sales

while doing PGR against return sales delivery, system not block PGR. stock appear in return stock with 651 ovement.

After that system generate inspection lot with inspection type 06, but this lot has also no restriction on furthur posting i.e. system allow 453 movement even though inspection lot after return delivery is not released by QA.

i just want to know is this behavior is as per SAP standard or i missed sme setting. because where is the use of 06 if it not restrict PGR OR the postings to own stock after PGR.

Kindly guide,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmi Guddu,

Yes, it is standard SAP behavior and I would also prefer to opt this.

1. Basically 651 movement has its own features in handling customer returns.
  2. It doesn't generate any FICO document and the stock is non valuated as long it lies in returns compartment.
  3. In order to cope up this inspection lot is stock irrelevant.
  4. You need to perform 453 to bring it in to your own stock, which subsequently generates FICO documents

In warding customer returns direct in to QI with 655 movement is also popular practice. Unlike 651, here finance documents get generated as soon as you post 655. You should consult your finance people to opt this. I would prefer first approach.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The movement type 651 sends the material to returns stock.

if you want control of stock posting in inspection lot, the return delivery should be done with movement type 653 and inspection type 05 should be activated instead of inspection type 06.

In that case, the material will be send to Quality stock.

Regards,