cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary Form Item cannot update in JE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Anybody knows how to correct the Primary Form Item in below scenario?

This problem only happens when both G/L accounts are cash flow relevant in COA, replicable in SAPB1882 PL07.

1) Go to Outgoing Payment screen, choose Type=Account

2) Select G/L account as Petty Cash, enter any amount

3) Choose any Payment Mean, select Bank Account and select a value from Primary Form Item drop-down list.

4) The transaction added successfully.

5) Go to the respective Journal Entry, the Bank Account row has Primary Form item defined but Petty Cash row Primary Form Item is empty (As per attachment). This subsequently cause the Statement of Cash Flow is not accurate by this amount.

6) We try to update a Primary Form Item at Petty Cash or Remove Primary Form item at Bank Account, although message shows Operation Completed Successfully, but nothing is being updated.

Is there any workaround to correct the data so the Statement of Cash Flow can be correct?

Thanks.

Regards,

Lay Chin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an internal transfer entry and not affect to cash flow report. I suggest to create an item (cash flow line) named "Internal transfer" and assign this Item to your transaction. Then go to Financials >>> Financial Template Report, create a new cash flow report in which exclude internal transfer item.

Hope this helps,

TVSon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy, Son Tran Van,

Thanks for the reply.
For future transaction, we will not assign any Form Item in the Payment Means, so no problem.

The problem i face is in the existing transactions, the Primary Form Item is not able to update at Journal Entry screen. Even i create a new primary form item which not appear in Finance Report Template, i still cannot update to this newly created form item.

Thanks.

Regards,

Lay Chin

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yang Lay Chin

Country-Specific Fields: China, Korea and Japan

Primary Form Item

This field appears:

1) In the drop-down list that contains all the active primary form items

2) Only if the G/L account determined is a cash flow relevant account

After defining the cash flow line items in the Cash Flow Line Items - Setup window, specify the primary form line item that is assigned to the cash relevant transaction from the APA Cash Flow Assignment window.

Note

You can change the cash flow line item:

1) After the payment is executed, unless the payment is a credit card partial or split payment

2) At a later stage, in the corresponding journal entry or original transaction, unless the transaction has been cancelled

Check if the details and the defination are there under the following path:

Administration  Setup  Financials  Cash Flow Line Items

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some clients, they need to assign cash flow item mandatory. It is easy to have correct cash flow report. In your case, user may not assign cash flow by mistake

what 's your version? I can update cash flow item in my system, 8.82 PL04

Hope this helps,

TVSon

kengsheng_goo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a problem if the incoming payment is cancelled through DIAPI, the Primary Form Item will not show in the JE. If the incoming payment is cancelled manually, the Primary Form Item will show in the JE.

I try to get the the transid and update manually through DIAPI but it does not works.

Any Idea?

Please help.

Thank You,

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yang Lay Chin...

The Primary form Item can be only for the account what selected in the in the payment mean, I think its  correct .. So create a new Form item name as contra or what ever it may be..

You have to define the cash flow line items in the Define Cash Flow Line Items window first. And ignore the new added form item in the cash flow template..

Country-Specific Fields in the Expanded Editing Mode: China, Korea, and Japan

Primary Form Item

Specify the primary form line item assigned to the relevant cash flow G/L account from the Cash Flow Assignment window.

Hope helpful

Regards

Kennedy