Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career guidance ...help required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this portal and would like some guidance on SAP as a career.

My qualifications are as under:

Qualification :- B.E ( electronics and telecom) and MBA marketing and finance

Yrs of Exp:- 10.5 Yrs in sales in life science industry

Although I have been working in sales I had all the time this bug for IT and hence I was planning to make a mid career change.

I would like to do SAP SD or SAP CRM module.

Please suggest/advice.

Can you also throw some light as to-

A. Essentials required for a functional job.

B. what would be my entry level.will I start as fresher or my prior experience will hold.

C. career path for person like me as Sap functional consultant

D. Where should one do a course in Delhi.if you o google lots of institutes show up.am not sure which one would help.

E. Any other advice you feel can help me.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member192723
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Atin,

Both SAP SD and SAP CRM are most suitable for your qualification and experience. Try to choose any one of them based on your interest. Your domain experience will definitely will help you in SAP career.

A. Fun. Consultant must have good communication skill and able to convince customer.

B. Your prior exp. will be considered in SAP as domain experience while in-taking in a company. But as a functional consultant in SAP you will become fresher.

C. Try to finish one SAP certification.

D. Try to do course in NIIT or Aptech or Pearson edn or any e-learning center with certification.

E. Practice as much as possible

Hope this will help you!

Shravan

0 Kudos

A. Apart from Shravan's comments, to be a SD functional consultant you have to understand how the client's business works (Sales and Distribution part) and how that should be configured in SAP.

Also and importantly what is the function of fields (important and mostly used fields), document types etc. etc.

E. Once you finalize on going for SAP SD, the following things might help -

- get IDES (SAP test system) access

- learn the processes and their configuration, in standard SAP SD

- during training, ask yourself and if needed, the trainer to give you real-time / business examples for whatever he/she is teaching you.

e.g. Payment terms - Please give an example of payment terms used in a business (or a business process)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this portal and would like some guidance on SAP as a career.

My qualifications are as under:

Qualification :- B.E ( mechanical) and mtech automobile first year

Yrs of Exp:- fresher

I would like to do SAP MM module

Please suggest/advice.

my dream is to become a sap consultant .

how can i prepare myself to reach my goal

0 Kudos

Hema,

Please create a new thread.

That way you might get more responses.