cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Receiving IDoc in Data Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue that I hope somebody out there would know what is going on.

I currently have a simple job set up that receives the idocs DEBMDM06 as an Idocs Message Source, and spits it out to a test XML file to kept it simple.

However when I try to run the job using a test XML file(generated from SAP) to subsitute receiving an idoc,  I get this message:

Error getting next IDoc record. <Error when calling IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE:RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: OBJECT_UNKNOWN,

SY-MSGTY: E, SY-MSGID: EA, SY-MSGNO: 447)>.

When I remote debug from SAP I see that it is sending no parameters into the function. 

I see comments on the Internet that it this may occur with customer extended idocs however I am using a standard Idoc from SAP.

Reading through the entire log it appears that this error is occurring before it even tries to read the XML file as there is no reading print out at all.

Through the BODS debugger I can tell that the error is definitely occurring in the idoc transform message source as putting a break point on the line afterwards does not stop the job.

Things I have tried and have not worked:

1. Check the make port box the idoc transform. Still same error.

2. Tried to alternate to a different idoc such as DEBMAS06 and ADRMAS03. Still have the same error.

Could anybody shed some light on what may be causing this error?

Thanks,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out eventually.

I was using an xml format for the input and it need to be a positional file like so:

EDI_DC40_U200            700   2   DEBMAS06                                                DEBMAS                                       TRFC  LS  BOBJTFR                                                                                          SAPED1LS  ED1CLNT200                                                                                       20121029154612                                      CUSTOMER_2012.10.29 13:42:49_0000000008                                             
E2KNA1M005                                   00000100000001   100100                                                                                                                                      YB01  US                    Customer Services                                                                                                                         Palo Alto                                                                             94304 CA         SV     E                         Main St.                                      123 456 789                 123 456 790                                                                            0000000001                                                                                                                                        CA0000000
former_member188886
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

How did you create this positional file?

In WE19 I can display the IDOC then >List >Save >Local File >Spreadsheet >idocfile.txt.

but then it seems to have some tabs that need to be removed.

I know this is an old post, but I hope you are still followin it.

Thanks

Jay Roble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, its been too long and we decided to implement the solution another way that would work better. So unfortunately I don't remember.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

i am also doing IDocs related but i am stuck with an differnt issue.

In my scenario i am sending idocs MATMAS01 as a message type from sap r\3 to BODS, but i am getting issue in RFC

I have established one RFC connection on r/3 side and client interface using RFC program id on bods,At

BODS side RFC is started succesfully

But while doing connect test of RFC on sap r/3 side i am getting error :

'rfc connection closed(no data) '

I have created logical system,trfc,partner profile etc on r/3 side and one real time job on BODS side.

I am not getting what exactly i am missing,

please give your opinion regarding this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't know.

Another developer in the department was setting up the SAP side.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talking to people in transaction SM59 in the Technical Settings Tab, the radio button should be marked as Registered Server Program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i have marked it already and its working on thirty party side i.e Data Services but while doing connect test on r/3 side it showing error.

former_member188886
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

We saw this same issue.

'rfc connection closed(no data) '

However, ours seen in SM58 after trying to send the IDoc to Data Serivces.

It was solved by setting the SAP RFC Dest for the Data Services to Unicode.

We are on DS 4.2 SP1 P2

Here is the sap notes

1584583 - IDOC causes Data Services Access Server to recycle

Cause: In Data Services 4.0, Access Server only works when the connection is set to be in Unicode.

Resolution: Set RFC Connection to send Unicode data.

1676649 - Codepage issues when sending IDoc from SAP system to Data Services

Resolution: b) If you are using Data Services 4.0 your RFC Destination should be set to Unicode.

Since this is an old post you may alrady have a solution.

Did you figure out how to create a test idoc file that you could use when you run the real time job from the DS Designer?

Jay Roble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Jay!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also checked the permissions of the user for data services and it does have SAP_ALL permissions.

Called the function  'IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE' from sm37 and it would work there.

Called the function 'IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE' in a separate job in a query as a function call and it would work then.