cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise, Visual Studio 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .NET 4 Website (not application) in which I'm trying to use Crystal Reports Server's InfoStore DLL so I can query the  production server.  The server is running SAP Crystal Server 2011.

The dev machine is running Windows 8 64bit running Visual Studio 2010 and the Crystal Server Runtime environment x64, downloaded from my account at http://service.sap.com.

I can see CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore and CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework in the GAC at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64, and it I click 'Add Reference' and select it by browsing it adds **<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore, Version=14.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>** to web.config.  Which is how I would expect it to happen.

The problem is, despite being able to browse the object in Object Browser, when I attempt to build the site it always results in:

*Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore, Version=14.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.          C:\Users\lee\Documents\Projects\app\web.config*

I've been tearing my hair out for the last 8 hours, trying to figure out why and I'm at a loss so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Unistall CRS 2011 64 bit sdk and downbload and install 32 bit sdk.

As VS 2010 is a 32 bit tool we need 32 bit assemblies to be installed on top of VS to achieve the integration.

The 64 bit runtimes could be used for deployment of the app on web server.

See KB 1661786 - How to install the SAP Crystal Reports Server 2011 .NET SDK on the development machine?

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing to note:

The dev machine is running Windows 8 64bit running

There is no SAP CR / CRS / BOE / BI product that has been tested with WIN 8 at this time. Therefore the products are not supported on WIn 8. E.g.; this may never work...

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that was the solution.  I assumed that with a x64 environment I would need the x64 runtime files.  I also need to use the installation fix from the Wiki to get it right.

Ludek, thanks for the advice.  I can confirm that Bhushan's response works under Win8/VS 2010.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

It's not that it may or may not work, I have it working on RTC build also, it's not supported because it's not in the platforms list therefore if you have any problems we cannot escalate the issue to R&D to fix.

They are going to add it, we just don't know exactly when so until then you can't escalate if any issues arise unless you can duplicate the issue on a supported OS. Then we will fix it for that OS and you'll have to hope it resolves the issue on Windows 8.

But, if you have any problems please let us know so we can let the developers know there are problems so hopefully it's resovled by the time we do release a version that has Windows 8 added to the supported list.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)