cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning one Controlling area to several Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to assign more than one Chart of Account to a Controlling Area? Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It is not possible. There is no concept of assign chart of accounts to Controlling area. Before Posting such type of questions please search Help.sap.com. Regards, Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U didnt understand my question. While maintaining the controlling area, we assign the chart of account in that screen. I want to know....how do we assign more than one chart of accounts while maintaining Controlling Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The answer is avilale in previous replay. Please educate me why you need More than one chart of Accounts to one controlling area. Regards, Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to assign multiple COA to controlling area...

Regards

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

You can assign one chart of account to one controlling area, you can use one controlling area with multiple company codes. Among all the comany codes chart of accounts should same.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let me explain the scenario to you. I am maintaining one controlling area for 4 company codes. However, separate company codes use separate Chart of Accounts. How do we link Chart of accounts to Controlling Area.

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

All the Co Codes under one Controlling Area must have the same "Operating Chart of Accounts". In case you have a requirement where a Co COde under one Controlling Area must havea DIfferent Chart of Accounts...suggest the usage of Country Chart of Accounts in addition to Operating Chart of Accounts.

Best Regards

Surya Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If you dont use Same chart of accounts and Fiscal varinat for all the compnay codes you cant not assign all yoor company codes to one contrilling area. Hope you understod. Regards, Ram

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand we cant assign 2 Charts of accounts .But if the scenario is

Like:-ONE COMPANY ASSIGN MULTIPLE COMPANY CODE AND ALSO MAINTAINING TWO CHARTS OF ACCOUNTS.

ONE GROUP AND FOR EACH CO.CODE MAINTAINING ONE OPERATIVE CHARTS ACCOUNTS .

IN THIS CASE WHICH CHARTS OF ACCOUNTS SHOULD WE ASSIGN TO CONTROLLING AREA.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member682878
Participant
0 Kudos

You need to assign your operational CoA to controlling area. Group and Country CoA are not to be assigned.

BR,

Dhawal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

Dhawal than q for ur quick response .

Regards,

Chandan Behera