cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 monitoring alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m having a bit of a problem with sending the monitoring alerts per email, I´m not receiving any mails. This is what I tried :

- Enabled notification in watch properties.

- Marked email notifications for the users that are listed in notification.

- I created a seperate processing job for monitoring and added email in destination. Configured email destination with smtp settings.

- Mail settings are correct, tested this with a scheduled webi destination email using same smtp settings as for monitoring.

Is monitoring using another job server to send these emails ?

Best regards,

Gunther.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you configure & Enable Alerting Application in CMC, If not I would suggest to give try

CMC -> Applications -> Alerting Application .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the help, Alerting application is configured. Email and my alert is checked, my alert is working but no luck with the email.

Weird problem, scheduling a report with mail as destination works fine.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you shaedule report, destination options of the job server are used.
What error do you get when Monitoring tries to send an email ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found the error, it was caused by splitting up the adaptive job servers. I had to add mail as destination in the AJS where I added the Destination delivery scheduling service. This is in a seperate AJS together with the publication sheduling service.

Anyone know of a best practice for Adaptive job servers ? I found one for adpative processing servers, but it doesn´t not have any info for the job servers.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AJS best practices are the same as APS best practices. Same concept.

We have a Java container that hosts multiple services (JOB servers) - makes sense to split it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your time, glad it´s solved. Hopefully my last issue caused by these APS- AJS splits :-).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue; I don't receive emails. Currently using out of the box bo 4.0 sp4 fp3. I have not split anything yet. How did you get it to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you haven´t split anything you should configure adapitve job server / destination /  email, and add your smtp server info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gunther; I've already configured that but I still dont receive emails. See the attached image below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emmanuel,

You also have to speak to the sys admin of the SMTP server you're routing through to make sure that the IP you're sending from (BO server) is allowed to send emails.  This is a standard security feature for email servers to allow only trusted servers to route emails.