cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Mobile Apps (iPad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not hugely important but it would be cool to show the boss to get him interested in SolMan. Has anybody gotten one of these to work? There is supposed to be the End-user Experience Monitoring app EEMON and the Technical Monitoring TECHMON app.

We do not have the Sybase Unwired platform so for now just want to connect with the gateway option.
I have found the help, which doesn’t help, and the install guide which just basically says you have the SUP, standalone gateway and gateway on SolMan options but not what I have to do for the SolMan option. I have gone through SOLMAN_SETUP System Preparation scenario in the Configure Gateway step and activated the EEMON and TECHMON services that are supposed to be for this. I have downloaded the EEMON app (Can’t find the TECHMON app anywhere) and try to connect (from within our building but no luck).

The SICF service /default_host/sap/opu/odata/aigw/SD72001797 (alternative name eemon) is active. This is a brand new SolMan 7.1 SP06 installation with IW_BEP, IW_FND.

I can’t determine if I need a separate user for the gateway if the gateway is embedded in SolMan. Also, in the app do I put the regular 8000 port or the 3300 gateway port?

Well, thanks folks, any tips appreciated,
David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Techmon app is available here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sap.techmon.application

due to security policy we havent tried yet, but I know few of them tried, contact , ,

I added them here, might be they could help you.

Thanks

Jansi

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, thanks to Jansi for putting me into the discussion.

Gateway is available as part of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP06 and can be used to establish connection with SAP Solution Manager backend. You can use a standalone Gateway also depending on the desired setup.

You can use HTTP/HTTPS port andSAP Solution Manager user for this connection.

Today, there are two ways to connect the SAP Solution Manager system from the app;

1. through SUP and Gateway (suggested for productive purposes)

2. through Gateway directly (only for test purposes)

More information in the blogs / help link. You can write to me if you need more information.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/blog/2012/10/17/mobile-era-has-begun-for-sap-solution...

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/blog/2012/10/17/system-monitoring-app-for-sap-solutio...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm_mobile/helpdata/en/8C/82252545B943CCBC638D45F42E155F/frameset.htm

Also, System Monitoring app is now available in the Apple app store.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. I'm really anxious to get this working; I have a demo tomorrow and this would help gain some enthusiasm for SolMan unfortunately I've been to all these sites but still can't find details on connection info. I still get an error "Http request error coccured: A connection failure occurred. error code: 1".

I can't figure out if I'm supposed to be connecting to the gateway work process on a particular port (3300) or through the http port (8000); the app just says "Server Port". I've tried both but neither work. Do I use my SU01 user ID in the SolMan ABAP or is there some special gateway user? Is there anything I have to do on my SolMan (SP6) other than the SOLMAN_SETUP I've already described above? Is there some URL I can test from a browser on the iPad or even my PC that I can try to test that the connectivity is even there? Well, I'll keep digging but any help is appreciated. Thanks,

David

P.S. I noticed the SICF service is lower case and the app has some upper and also that there is a service number SD72001758 with an alternate name techmon.

SICF: sap/opu/odata/aigw/SD72001758  Altern. Name: techmon

APP:  sap/opu/odata/aigw/TECHMON

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Can you drop an email to venkatesh.r@sap.com? I can help you with the setup.

Regards,

Venkatesh

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In the meanwhile, you can check the transaction "/iwfnd/maint_service" for the service and launch the service "/AIGW/TECHMON" in the browser.

The user / password is the same as SolMan user.

Regards,

Venkatesh

andreoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we activated the service "/AIGW/TECHMON" and launched it in the browser but get error:

- <error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code>/IWFND/CM_COS/064</code>

<message>No System Alias found for Service '/AIGW/TECHMON_0001' and user 'USERNAME'</message>

+ <innererror>

<transactionid>A9BD2CE2C877F1C08BBE005056B61B09</transactionid>

</innererror>

</error>

On iphone: Internal Error occured on the server, Error Code 11

Any idea?

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't take credit but with the help of Venkatesh I created the alias thusly:

SPRO

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide

SAP NetWeaver

Gateway

OData Channel

Configuration

Connection Settings

Manage SAP System Aliases

SAP System Alias = LOCAL

Description = Local System Alias

Local GW = Selected

For Local App = Unselected

RFC Destination = NONE   (That's the word NONE)

WS Provider System = Blank

Software Version = DEFAULT

This is the best of my recollection, no warranties, no returns. Good luck,

David

vatsal_gandhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I got it configured as mentioned above but now while trying to access the application through mobile, I am not able to get the System Lists in the System Groups

I am able to connect to Solman and it shows the last refresh status of the systems but when I try to access the list it shows nothing and gives error "There are no technical systems for the selection"

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Were you able to create the system alias and fix the issue?

Regards,

Venkatesh

andreoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I added SAP System Alias LOCAL as described above but still get the same error:

- Browser (sicf -> testing service techmon): After successful authentication > HTTP 500

- iPhone: Internal Error occured on the server. Errorcode: 11

Regards,

André

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Can you drop an email to venkatesh.r@sap.com? I can help you with the setup.

Regards,

Venkatesh

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a SAP Note: 1786290 available for the issue with System Alias.

Regards,

Venkatesh

vatsal_gandhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

It says

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only
andreoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vatsal,

please check if your user have the SAP_SMWORK_TECH_MON role assigned.

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

The note is available and I applied it.

Now, the connection looks fine from my Ipad.

But I do not see any data. it seems that there are no technical systems available, according to the message I see on the Ipad.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Were you able to solve this issue? Did you check into the last refresh status of the POWL queries and if they are upto date?

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

To be honest, I currently have no idea were to look.

At the iPad side, I guess not much can be done. I installed the SAP System monitoring app and a VPN connection. On the Solution Manager side, I did what was specified in this thread.

What do you mean with the POWL queries?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Can you write to me on my email id venkatesh.r@sap.com ? I can help you with the setup.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked, SAP recentrly released document for ITSM, system monitoring on Mobile

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001119732012E/MOBAPP_SYSMON_GUIDE.pdf

other guides available under http://service.sap.com/instguides -> sap components -> sap mobile applications -> sap solution manager

Might be helpful to fix..

Please paste the solution here.

Regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi, All,

Configuration seems to be OK and the connection seems to work fine.

But I keep on getting the message on my iPad that no technical systems were found.

So, something is still wrong or missing. Is there somewhere a log I can look into?

Note: I use a VPN to connect to my SAP Solution Manager system, but that should not cause any problem.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Very interested in Mobile apps too!!!

Can anyone answer to use standard SAP delivered apps, do i need to buy some license from SUP or any else?

I want to test app and show it to clients, can i achive this without buying anything?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

You can download the SAP System Monitoring app from your Ipad's or Iphone's appstore. This app is free and no license is required.

Just install it. Configuration explains itself.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Did you succeed in setting up the demo?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Yes, I got it working via the Gateway, we don't have Unwired Platform, after configuring the alias as described above.

Regards,

David

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

The app is available for free and can be downloaded from Android Play or Apple appstore. The Gateway add-on is available for customers in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP06 for Solution Manager apps only.

You need to purchase the license of SUP 2.1.3 for the productive usage of the Solution Manager apps. For Test purposes, you can connect directly to Gateway component of SAP Solution Manager and access the details from SAP Solution Manager.

More details below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm_mobile/helpdata/en/8C/82252545B943CCBC638D45F42E155F/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/blog/2012/10/17/system-monitoring-app-for-sap-solutio...

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vatsal,

Did you manage to solve your issue concerning "There are no technical systems for the selection"?

Thanks a lot.

Dimitri

JorgeWeiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I fixed this problem  applying the following  SAP Notes:

Note 1786290 available for the issue with System Alias.

Note 1766755 - The selection of a technical system is lost in mobile app

Note 1799062 - System Monitoring Mobile app Refresh does not work

Regards,

Weiss

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

The OSS note I was missing was 1766755. I implemented it and it seems to work.

Now, I get a shortdump (CX_QUERY_ACCESS_ERROR) when I want to log on.

I need to investigate this further.

Thanks for the information!

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Now that I got it all configured, I see on my iPad that for all systems on the left-hand sight, No Work mode configured is displayed.

Can somebody clarify what this means?

Thanks a lot.

Dimitri

venkatesh_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Its the result of the integration with Work Mode management application in Technical Administration work center. This information is also available in System Monitoring application in Technical Monitoring work center.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/TechAdm_Overview

Regards,

Venkatesh

BhagyaMS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

May I know which port did you all open in the firewall to connect the mobile application System Monitor to SAP application? Is it port 443?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Apologies to dig up old topic.

We are trying to perform the same via iphone but still receiving same error.

error "Http request error coccured: A connection failure occurred. error code: 1".

Solman 7.1Sp10

We have checked transaction /n/iwfnd/maint_service its showing as below , system aliases are present in system.

Any ideas , how to connect and monitor via iphone?

Thanks,

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello David,

Following the official documentation for the SAP System Mobile app:  

Gateway Setup in the SAP Solution Manager Setup workcenter > System Preparation > Setup Connectivity > Step "Gateway Setup" provides automatic gateway setup. With SP6 you need additionally to follow the instructions from the SAP Note 1786290.

The app's Quick Start Guide provides detailed infromation how to setup the mobile app and lists required SAP Notes (will be kept up-to-date)

For questions please open a CSN message on the MOB-APP-SMG-MON.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Mihail Fridljand