cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to mark answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to mark the replies as Helpful or Answer.I do not any option for this in my discussions.Is there any profile setting for this?

Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj - A discussion has to be marked as a question for the option to mark replies as correct or helpful. I don't see any discussions you created other than this one so please advise the URL of the thread that prompted this query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Probably I might have not marked my previous thread as a question because it this thread I am getting the two options.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3252121 is one of my threads in SAP MII forum.

Regards,

Anuj

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This thread is marked as a question and I see the buttons for Correct Answer & Helpful Answer: you still don't see them? Are you following the space? (click follow on SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

No, I cannot see those buttons.

Yes, I am following the SAP MII space.I doubt that following or not following any space has anything to do with that because I am not following this (SCN Support) space but here I am able to see those buttons.

Regards,

Anuj

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm going to investigate further with a colleague. I see that you have at least 2 profiles: do you experience the same with both?

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

can you please provide a screen shot of what you see in the thread? Do you see any other browser issues, maybe JavaScript errors? Which browser do you use?

Thanks,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, there are two profiles with my name.The first one was locked and somehow I was not able to get the password for that.Then I created a new one with my gmail id.I am using only this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Please see the attached screenshot.

Regarding browser, I do not see any issue with the browser because as I had already mentioned in one of my replies above that I am able to see those options for this particular thread.By the way, I am using google chrome and have checked in IE as well.

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please suggest on my issue.It has not been resolved yet.

I have started 2-3 more threads afterwards and in those also I am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Anuj

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please list the URLs of the threads so we can further investigate. 

I modified http://scn.sap.com/thread/3252121 so please advise if you can now see the buttons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

For  the thread you have mentioned, its still the same but yes for one of my threads http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264878 which was also not having those buttons before now has the buttons.

My latest thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3267720 has not got any replies so far 🙂 , so I will have to wait for sometime to check it.

Regards,

Anuj

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, I was away for work and there was some maintenance to the site: any progress from your side ? Can you now mark replies as 'correct'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

No, I am still not able to.

Regards,

Anuj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jyotsna_singam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Json,

I am facing similiar issue. I am not able to mark the Question as Answered or closed for the thread ''. Please assist.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotsna,

You created a thread as discussion. so  you won't get an option to choose correct or helpful answers

While creating thread we need to choose as "mark this discussion as question(by default it was selected).

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not see the correct answer button  since you are using a different user ID today than you did when posting the question.

The question was posted with jyotsna.singam1

Now you are posting with jyotsna.singam

jyotsna_singam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Got it! Thank You

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Is your issue resolved?

I am not able to mark my thread as "Assumed Answered".

Regards,

Sebastian

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only mark a Question as answered.

assuming your question is related to your discussion

This cannot be marked answered because you removed the flag for question when you posted it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, the issue has been resolved for me. I don't know how but it does not persist anymore 🙂 .

Best Regards,

Anuj

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or a moderator set it to a discussion.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've marked as a question so that you can select the correct answer.

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

It is working fine now!!

Can you also assist to mark the below thread to a question?

So sorry, I just wish to ensure the thread is closed and the person who contributed to the answer is rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sebastian

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's done.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This was the same issue with the original user who had opened this discussion:

anuj.suryawanshi2

had posted his question with user id: anuj.suryawanshi

0 Kudos

Hi Jason why my threads are not answered

may I know the reason

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which threads? You have just one open question.

I hope you do not mix the SCN forum with the official SAP Support desk. Here are people helping people voluntarily, nobody is obliged to give an answer to posted questions. People quickly leave a discussion if they have trouble to understand what is posted. You actually lost me in your question too, I started 3 times but it is just to tough to read through:

0 Kudos

you mean

is it not understandable ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is extremely hard to read with all the unnecessary short cuts:

cb del schl  qnty PR qnty schl cs del schl PR del. qnty iam

Of course an experienced sales module user will understand those terms, but it is not comfortable to read and not needed either, we can use a keyboard instead of a cell phone for writing and the forum does not charge for the number of characters used.

Make it convenient for your audience, this is the first step to a solution. Remember that this is global site and English is not mother language to all users here.

You are seeking for an answer, you want defeat an issue, your weapons are the content and the style of your question, basically what you offer to potential supporters.

By the way, if you add your questions to other people discussions, then you offer nothing.

See your question in this thread does not even have something to do with the subject of this thread, totally misplaced.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the ABAP spaces, I reject posts that have too many of these kinds of abbreviations. The language of this site is (in most areas), professional English. Too many people post as though they're sending text messages to their friends - this does not reflect well on them. If I'm recruiting, I'll certainly look at people's scn contributions.

0 Kudos

jurgen

i posted it again as a separate question please go through it and let me know whether it can be answered or not

for your suggestions

thanks and regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is better readable, but actually against the forum rules unless you remove the old post.

Further you removed the tick for question, this just means you will not be able to mark an answer as correct or helpful, this is certainly not encouraging people to give you answer.

0 Kudos

may i know how can it be removed

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open the discussion in an extra window, then you will find the option at the right to the discussion body in a gray shaded square

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

I am Unable to mark my discussion as correct.

SCn Support team please provide those buttons even i am not getting helpful answer button also.

So please provide me how do i make a mark for my threads.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Are you taking about this thread -

for that thread you won't get help or correct answers icons.

Because you created your thread as discussion not a question.

While creating a thread you need to select as Mark this discussion as question. Actually its selected as default. but you may be unselected or if its basic question or already discussed one then moderator can make that as discussion.

Thanks