cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKB9 as current setting in production client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to make OKB9 as current setting in production so that it can be directly maintained in production client and avoid transports. I am following the instruction provided in the SAP note 135028.

Go to SOBJ -> Enter the customizing object (V_TKA3A, V_TKA3C, V_TKA3P in may case) -> check the 'Current Setting' Check box.

The system is not letting me to edit the check box 'Current Settings' and  I am getting the error saying - SAP System has status 'not modifiable' (Message TK102).

I find from system change options in SE03 that the system is globally set to 'Not modifiable', which I think is how a production system should be setup. I also read that it is not advisable to change the system status to 'modifiable' for production client.

And my production client SCC4 setting as are as follows

Client Role  - P Production.

Changes and Transports of client specific objects - No changes allowed

Cross client object changes - No changes to Repository or cross-client customizing objects.

Protection - Level 0

Note 135028 says that current settings can be directly made in the production client where the client role in SCC4 is set Production. How can I make OKB9 as "Current setting" when the system status is set to "Not modifiable", please advise. Or should this change be made in Dev client and transported to production client.

Thanks

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vamsikrishna mudunuri

I am assuming you are receiving error message TK430 when trying to

access OKB9 in your production system. This is due to the settings

in SCC4.

OKB9 by default is NOT considered as "Current Settings", therefore

you recieve the above mentioned message.

The following notes should help you in relation to making OKB9

accessible on the production system.

* Note: 356483 Customizing: Current settings in the test system

* Note: 135028 Transfer IMG activity to current setting

* Note: 77430 Customizing: Current settings

* Note: 371517 OKB9 not executable despite current settings

br, Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got it fixed by making OKB9 current setting in development and migrating it to production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I am having exactly the same issue as yours, what I have done is changing the system to Modifiable, then set on the "current settings", after that I changed the system status back to Non-modifiable.

But as I went to the IMG activity again, it still does not enable me to change and is giving error "Client XXX is not modifiable".

Could you kindly suggest what's wrong with my doings?

Thanks

danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsirishna Mudunuri,

Can you please let me know the steps involved on making OKB9 modifiable. I have the same requirement. I know your post is 1.5 years old, but if you remember it vaguely also, it will do.

Rgds,

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin Bhatia,

You need to change the client setting in SCC4 as below:

Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects

x    Automatic recording of changes

Save,

Problem solved.

Regards,

Alejandro