cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BO 4 - IDT - BUSINESS LAYER on viewing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BO Gurus,

I’m working on BO XI 4 and trying to connect to an Infoset Query in SAP ERP system.

I'm using a Relation Connection to SAP ECC and I’m successfully able to connect to the SAP ERP system. And here I’m able to see the data from Infoset Queries from the ERP system.

After this I created a Data Foundation based on Multi-Source connectivity and added the Connection created earlier and selected the Infoset Queries needed and things are fine till this point.

After this I created a Business Layer and included the Data Foundation created earlier and here I’m facing issues on trying to view the data from the Insofets Queries selected.

Please find below the screen shots of the same:

1) Data is showing up from the Infoset Query in Connection layer:

1)    

2)    2)  Error on trying to view data from Business Foundation:

Complete Error Message:

Error:

[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: Failed to execute: SELECT DISTINCT

Table__2."KNVH-KUNNR"

FROM

"CN_CUSTOMER_MASTER"."Global.ZGRP_CUSTMAS"."ZISQ_KNVH"  Table__2

>

Cause of Error

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'CN_CUSTOMER_MASTER'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

Cause of Error

[Connector 'CN_CUSTOMER_MASTER'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

Cause of Error

ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

Cause of Error

Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

Cause of Error

Whole number overflow on addition                                  

3)   3) My analysis on Error Message:

i)                    t says Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected – but data is available in Source Infoset Queries and is also coming till the Connection Layer in BO side which has been pasted in the first screen shot above.

iii)                 It also says Whole number overflow on addition – but this error is shown irrespective of whether Infoset consists a Measure or not.

Request you to please advise on how to proceed with this.

Regards

Keshav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing the same problem. Did you manage to resolve this? What was the resolution?

Thanks

Al.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there might be some unresolved issues around this.. i.e. bugs.

• Firstly, in terms of architecture, I discovered recently that the DF (APS)  must be hosted on the same machine as the ConnectionServer.

• I'd be interested to know if you are joining 2 infoset queries?   (multi source)

• Is this foundation based on an infoset having input parameters at runtime?   (this is where i think there are issues )

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made some progress. I see this error when there are certain columns that I am querying. Other columns return data correctly.

I am not joining InfoSets, and I have no parameters

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this Note 1561226 - BI 4.0 - How
to troubleshoot MultiSource universes

might help you move forward.

Good luck

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

We have the same issue and our DF (APS) and connection server and all other servers on a signle machine.  Is there any resolution on this?

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

I would recommend you to test this issue with a different SAP user used while creating the connections which has higher access and authroization like SAP_ALL.

Regards,

Nakul Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kesav,

This isuse needs bit of an investigation.

Since you are getting error in business layer, in IDT itself so not sure if you are able to create reports.

Can you please create an issue with SAP support team?

Thanks,

Vivek