cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources For Developing Call SAP BAPI Using Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm new in developing ABAP especially BAPI Procedures and this time I want to know more about call BAPI using Android. I already done some searching in the net about developing SAP BAPI using Android, but unfortunately I haven't found any good resources, I already done searching on Google and of course in this forum, but haven't found any good info, perhaps you guys could help me found some good resource for this matter, please if you have any links or book links I could use please let me know, thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are the ways I know about to call a BAPI from Android:

1. Use SAP Mobile Platform

- SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) as mobile middleware. SUP calls the BAPI and Android syncs with SUP.

There are two ways of using SUP - Replication based and Mobile Workflow based.

Sup_tutorial_android_object_api_application_development.pdf

SUP Mobile Workflow example

2. Use SAP NetWeaver Gateway

- The Gateway can consume a BAPI and turn it into oData. The Android program can easily call oData web services in Gateway.

Developing-an-android-app-consuming-data-from-sap-is-just-a-few-clicks-away

3. Create some SAP web services

and consume them from Android. (Although this is an old school way of doing it) Gateway is better with its oData standard.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9b/dad1ae3908ee44a5caf57e10918be9/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Clavey,

Thanks for the reply, as you suggested probably I will use your number 1 and 2 advice, but before I do it, is there any preparation I should do? Like, should I install some software on my SAP server machine, or do I need to add another some sort of gateway server machine for this purpose, I just want to know the details before I start. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gateway can be installed either on the main SAP ECC server or on its own server. See Basis instructions.

SUP is normally installed on its own server. Although if a development environement could share with the SAP ECC server.