cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP GUI compatible with Windows 8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just bought a laptop with windows 8. is SAP GUI compatible with windows 8? if so what version of the GUI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as you can see here the support for Windows 8 is planned for SAP GUI 7.30. In PL 1 for GUI 7.30 the support is implemented for Windows 8 Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise only. Please see note 66971 for further information.

Kind regards

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

Although SAP announced that with SAP GUI 7.30 patch level 1 support for Windows 8 it wasn't until SapSetup.exe 9.0.39.0 when the SAP GUI client fully supported Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (SAP Note 1587566).

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ralf_wenzel_heuristika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do have a problem with Windows 8.1 and SAPGUI 7300.2.4.1083 - I can not scroll in the ABAP Editor with gestures.

Because the gesture-triggered scrolling works fine i. e. in Explorer, I can not believe that the problem is my local configuration (Mac OS X Lion with Parallels 9).

How can I solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Ralf

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Compatibility with Win8.1 wasn't complete in 7.30 until patch 6 hotfix 1, and you are only on patch 4.  I would strongly suggest updating to the latest patch (pl9 at this moment) and trying again.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii but am facing issue after installing SAP client on windows 8, i tried 7.20 and 7.30 both are hanging at login page and while am generating invoices and reports.

But earlier i was used with windows 7 it was good. can u suggest me a solution. Right now am using windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which patch level have you installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i check patch level ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

right now am using SAP logon 720

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i tried using 7.20 pl 10 and pl 14, both are giving same issue... after enter my credentials its taking long time for loading data.... my OS is win8 Pro 64 is there is any 64 bit version of SAP client ??

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

SAPGUI 7.20 is no longer supported, so you should upgrade to 7.30 regardless.  Furthermore, 7.20 was not supported on Windows 8 or 8.1.  7.30 is the first version supported on Windows 8.  Windows 8 is supported from 7.30 patch 1, and Windows 8.1 is supported from 7.30 patch 6 (current patch level is 8 hotfix 1).  Windows 8 64-bit Professional is definitely supported on 7.30.

Details are available in Note 66971:  Supported SAP GUI Platforms.

If, after upgrading to 7.30, you still have problems, I suggest you open a new discussion thread rather than continuing on this one that was closed two years ago.  You will get more help that way.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

my issue is not yet resolved after updating 7.30 with PL 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you may use Windows 8.1? Win 8.1 is supported from SAP GUI 7.30 PL 6 onwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

am using windows 8 pro 64 bit

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not update to the latest patch level?  PL 3 is now quite old.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What file version is NwSapsetup.exe?  It should be at least 9.0.39.0 or higher. See SAP Note 1587566 - Installation problems with SapSetup Version 9.0.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii but am facing issue after installing SAP client on windows 8, i tried 7.20 and 7.30 both are hanging at login page and while am generating invoices and reports.

But earlier i was used with windows 7 it was good. can u suggest me a solution. Right now am using windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to run SAP GUI 7.3 on Windows 8 but without success. The Windows compatible mode option does not help. The best is to re-install  version 7.2 for SAP.

Kind Regards

Gideon Bakkes

Former Member
0 Kudos

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said, official support comes with 7.30. As a practical note I have 7.20 running happily on a Windows 8 machine and have found no problems yet. Not that I'd recommend using an unsupported version, but...

Steve.