cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32Bit VI Java Virtual Machine error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I realise the 32bit version of VI is brand new but does anyone know the cause of this error upon launch?

"Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"

Running on Win 7, 2.67GHz, 4MB RAM laptop. I suspect it has something to do with memory but the machine appears to meet minimum specs from what I can gather.

Thanks,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

1.  Did you install using "Run As Administrator"?

2. In your Advanced System Properties, Go to Environment Variables > System Variables

Look for the 'Path' variable. It should include the following values:  C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

In the same area, look for the 'JAVA_HOME' variable. It should point to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

- Can you confirm?

3. Also go Control Panel > Java > Java Control Panel > Java tab > View > User > Path.  It should point to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe .

- How does it look for you?

How much memory is available on your machine as you launch? Go to: Task manager > Performance > Physical Memory > Available (MB)

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

Thanks - your second point covered it. Once I modified the Path variable and included the JAVA_HOME variable everything worked ok. Well done.

Kind Regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting the same problem but this solution is not working for me.

what should I do.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this thread is closed, please open a new discussion thread and provide more details.

Answers (0)