cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right path for sap hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a right track for a fresher to get into SAP HANA?

I am sap abap consultant and have interest to learn sap hana...

According to me,I wanted to first learn sap bi through a small or local institute and the n go for sap hana training from Sap bangalore center

Is this the right track for me?

SAP ABAP--->>SAP BI--->>>SAP HANA.

Can anyone guide me about how much experience will be sufficient to gain sap hana?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have knowledge on SAP BW, BO, BI then also you can learn (career) in HANA. SAP pointed HANA as the in Memory DB as same as the place where all applications going to run in future. If you’re a person known to Database Concepts and having basic Knowledge of SQL will help you to learn SAP HANA at ease.

Since you are an ABAP Consultant the knowledge of ABAP will help you in understanding the business logic implementation. Do not think that ABAP is going to get wind up, it is getting powered by HANA with Smarter, Lighter and Faster that is called ABAP for SAP HANA. Good Career you find while learning HANA with ABAP. Chances of earning $80000 - $160000

Learning HANA Modeling is easy when you have knowledge of BW if not, you will get to it on the class.

You will get to know Business Objects concepts at the time of HANA ideas on Reporting, if you are known to it then you will find your way on HANA Reporting.

SAP Business Intelligence the DW operational tool which helps you to understand implementation ideas from Business Warehouse on HANA viewpoint. If you are not going to work on BW on HANA it is not necessary to learn SAP BI.

So it is not necessary learning SAP BI Before going to SAP HANA but Choose the Platform on which you have planned since there are various types of HANA Certification. If you have still doubts  look into these words http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-39531 for better concepts or talk to top trainers for direct interactions at http://techjobs.sulekha.com/sap-hana-training

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

SAP HANA has various of certification on BW, BO, ABAP and more. If your are going to learn HANA having knowledge on SQL will help you.

Choose on which your are going to learn Either on ABAP, BW, BO and so. If your are going to do HANA on BW then you need knowledge on BW, you have idea HANA on BO and you've knowledge on Business Objects then it will easy for you to do reporting on HANA easily.

From my point of view if you have general understanding of SAP HANA and Knowledge on SQL with Programming Skills will make you to get done.

bhaskar_v3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

There are many Certifications in Hana:

If you want only programming on HANA then you can choose Abap in Hana Certification.

Regards,

Bhaskar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...i have the same question??so what did u do??are uinto HANA now??