cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues of re-hiring employee in the middle payroll period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We 're facing some problems of keying data for the employee who's rehired. Here is the scenario:

Our customer have 10 stores, and one store is corresponded by one payroll area. EE in each store is assign to the same payroll area.

And our authorizations/roles are set base on payroll area, which means, HR user in the store can't display/edit/delete data in the others.

When the EE terminated from the store A, and then rehired in store B in the middle month (ex: 16.11.2012), there are some issues:

-  Payroll area can't be changed in the middle of payroll period.

-  HR user in store B can't key the data for this employee, because the EE is still assigned to the store A payroll area.

Do you have any solution or suggestion for this case?

Any advice will be very helpful for us.

Thanks,

KN.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member93659
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dier Khiem,

I can see it has been some time since this thread was initially opened. Nevertheless I dare asking if you where ever able to find a fix for this situation where you get the "area can't be changed in the middle of payroll period" message when you re-hire somone.

I am facing the same issue with no luck on finding an explanation/solution.

In my case I am getting the message for someone that has been inactive for a long period of time.

thank you very much,

Eduardo

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the authorization check, you may want to check the system setting in table T77S0 for switch

AUTSW ADAYS HR: Tolerance Time for Authorization Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot change the payroll area in the middle of the month.  i can be changed either in the first or last of the month.

why you want to rehire the employee in location B? you can transfer the employee, right? even if you want to transfer the employee in the middle of the month don't change the Payroll area at that time change it at the end of the month.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In this case, the EE terminated at store A and then come back to work for store B. There is an inactive period. So we have to perform 2 actions: Terminate and rehire.

These 2 issues happen in the 2nd action (rehire).

Thanks,

KN