cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WebGui > Android Tablets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm attempting to use an Android Tablet to access SAP.  WebGui for HTML is fully functioning and we've been using it for a while on laptops, etc

Couple of problems.

1) I cannot select a favorite or a transaction from the menus.  I can expand the menus and drill down but as soon as I get to the bottom of the tree and select, it does nothing.

2) As soon as I hit the little arrow to show the transaction field at the top, the keyboard on the tablet keeps popping up and disappearing again seemingly of it's own accord, not actually allowing me to type anything.  It's not the tablet as the same behavior is displayed on multiple tablets, different makes and models (all Android) and only when attempting to access SAP using a browser.

Has anyone any experience with WebGui access using a tablet and seen any issues of this type before?

Browser is Mozilla Firefox incidentally.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Version is your Mozilla and Android ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Android:  4.0.4

Mozilla: 16.0.2

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Try to use some parameters at WEBGUI Service in SICF Transaction.

Parameters Like Compression Data or Enable Cookies.

Below a Link that can be useful.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/08/9c3e9f42589b4dbb9b8b43b1dde48f/content.htm

Or Run this Transaction.

SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL

For publish all templates.

Regards,

Maikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've published all templates.  And the same behavior occurs.

The frustrating thing is this works perfectly on an iPad using Mercury for a browser.  So I'm reasonably confident that the configuration/parameters/settings are correct.

But I've tried two different Android tablets, both using Firefox, both using the same URL, both using the same credentials and it just doesn't work.  I can login into SAP successfully but it's unusable.  Cannot select menu options, cannot enter any text in the transaction code field.

Very frustrating!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

Did you tried change the Theme of WEBGUI ??

Try to user parameter ~Theme = DM

I think that can works.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Did you solve it? I have the same issue...

Tnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately not.  I raised a call with SAP themselves over this and they just responded by saying they don't support SAP WebGui on Android (or iPad for that matter) so basically refused to help! (thanks!)

I spent a week tweaking all sorts of parameters and themes.  Nothing made any difference.

In the end we purchased some iPads and have it working in a fashion using the Mercury Browser (with the agent changed to IE8).

Very much a workaround and it still doesn't work very well, it's very slow and sluggish.  But it works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

Have you tried to use its mobile service? In SICF (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/test/mobile/)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I Tried and works fine.

Try to create templates with ABAP Programs and Screens with Template HTML.

Regards,

Maikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I solved the issue in tablets with Android SO. I also had the same problem: most browsers was not supported by the WebGUI and not Firefox can type transactions.

Only I add this two parameters to WEBGUI service in SICF transaction:

~XSRFCHECK1

~USERAGENTCHECK0

After that I can access with Chrome browser in the Tablet without any problem.

More info in following link:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2012/08/08/sap-browser-support-essmss--firefox-ch...

Regards,
Hugo.
Former Member
0 Kudos

*BUMP*

Nobody out there attempted to access SAP using an Android device?