cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get iView property values through L-Shape API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get the property values of iViews through LSAPI.

I am trying to use the .getAttributeValues() method, but this works only for workset not for iviews and pages.

Thanks in advance.

Ansar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Did you manage to get iView values from LS API. I have similar requirements. I am able to read iView property using portal component or java class file but not sure how I can call this java file from LS API [in particular fwk.js JavaScript].

Any help or direction is appreciated. I need to use similar help as I am planning to store /retrieve user specific values in UCD in particular from framework javascript files.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I suppose there is a restriction or constraint with this. I mean, through LSAPI it gets only limited property values like iView name. The method .getAttributeValues() works only for some type properties only.

You can try debugging by putting alerts in your .js code.

Thanks, Ansar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ansar,

What we did is to create separate portal component and query the component which seems to get values I wanted.

Not sure it was right approach but at this point of time, it is fit for purpose solution.

Regards,

Raju

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

first you should do a pcd lookup for your iview, then use the getAttribute on the pcd object you got.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/023b184cef2a75e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

hope this helps,

BR,

Saar