Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My post in the thread has been rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I posted my comment in one of the discussion. Please refer the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/message/13678332#13678332

I received a notification stating that the content as been rejected. I dont find any comment why my content was rejection. Please guide me  to track  the reason for the rejection so that i can avoid it in the future.

Regards

Vinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cannot see it any more, it just says "unauthorized access". Which space was it, can you post a link to the initial post of the discussion, do you remember just about what you wrote?

Typical reasons for rejecting replies from my practice:

• asking for points or reward
  • copy/pasted
  • irrelevant to the question
  • link farm
  • "technical object farm" (e.g. "try these 20 user exits...")

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for the response.Please refer the below screen shot

I am able to post to the initial post of the discussion.

In my post, i gave another way of meeting the requirement. I never asked for points or reward. I feel that my post will not fall into any of the options provide above.

Even it is rejected for a reasonable purpose, i would like to know the reason to avoid it in the future. But now i am clueless why it is rejected.

Regards

Vinu

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, the discussion was in space

Maybe remembers this specific case.

Another reason I forgot above is so-called "spoon feeding", means replying to questions that clearly tell that the original poster has not spent time searching for an existing answer before asking.

I agree that it would be much better if a reason for rejection could be given by moderators and displayed in above notification to the concerned user. This is technically not possible at the moment, maybe something for ?

Thomas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Thomas' comment, we normally reject a comment, if

• the thread is in similar to the one which has already been given by another member
  • the thread is spoon feeding for a query, the solution for which, the OP can easily find out solution if they search
  • the thread includes personal mail ids
  • the thread does not answer to the query posted
  • copy pasted from other source

I am not sure, why your suggestion has been rejected but most probably, it could be due to first one as I know you are also giving quality suggestions in the forum and I am sorry that I could not provide more explanation to your query.  Keep continuing your suggestions.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for the clarification.

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi ,

Thanks for the response and the clarifications. i am closing the thread. Sure i will keep contributing to the forum as we learn new things from here.

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu, I hope you don't mind if I raise a similar issue in this post

My post too has been rejected. Could you please tell me why?

Furthermore, it has been marked as "the correct answer".

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3270648

In my opinion, the contributor should not only know the reason for which the post has being rejected but also the name of the member who is marking it as "abusive".

After moderator review if there is nothing "wrong", then i would request you to "re-instate it"

Side comment: Currently this "rejection of posts" is looking like a black-box operation (without any transparency).

Thank you, in advance!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

I feel, for you also, it could be the first one though the OP has rewarded you as Correct Answer.

On your comments,

In my opinion, the contributor should not only know the reason for which the post has being rejected but also the name of the member who is marking it as "abusive".

I too agree your views that the member who posts the query / give suggestion, should know the reason as to why their post is rejected, but as I have been highlighting on various occasions, we Moderators are finding it very difficult to record this in each and every thread which is clicked for Abuse.  Though I have already posted this idea in Idea Place, you are also welcome to post this in Idea Place.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, I am not clear whether after moderator's review, is my post "cleared" or still in a state of rejected?

Furthermore, if rejected then why?

it could be the first one though the OP has rewarded you as Correct Answer.

Did not understand your above comment

Could you please explain (a little more)?

(Not that point mean anything to me but) I have seen several of my posts that have been marked helpful have been "disqualified" because someone has marked them as "Reported Abuse" and those have never been "re-instated".

If the OP has found some post helpful, when these are removed, it might be a "loss" to the other members (now and in the future).

Thanks for your cooperation!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

Did not understand your above comment

I have come across threads where some member will give suggestion to a query posted and it will solve the issue.  But unfortunately, similar post would have been posted by some other member and the OP would rewarded to the latest member forgetting to reward the first poster.  So in that sense, yours also could be one such suggestion.

I have seen several of my posts that have been marked helpful have been "disqualified"

This is really a news to me

If the OP has found some post helpful, when these are removed, it might be a "loss" to the other members

Certainly true and I never do this.  I had rejected in the past, suggestions which are similar to the one which has already been suggested but not sure, how system will behave when the OP has rewarded to a member whose post has been rejected.  Will take this in Moderators' forum and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

I have come across threads where some member will give suggestion to a query posted and it will solve the issue.  But unfortunately, similar post would have been posted by some other member and the OP would rewarded to the latest member forgetting to reward the first poster.  So in that sense, yours also could be one such suggestion.

If you look in to this particular thread, the OP has marked a post as "helpful" and my post as "the correct answer", the reason for that is my post was comprehensive and addressed the OP's question with a more accurate answer (& multiple suggestions / points / solutions).

Question was - created shipping point A001, configured its determination, when creating delivery...getting an error message.

Posts given -

By Bojja: check in sales order, line item what is the shipping point and use the same in VL01N

By me / TW: in addition to Bojja's suggestion,

If you want to give shipping point A001, then first give this shipping point in the item level of the sales order and then give it in the selection screen in VL01N.

I believe in the context of the OP's question, the above is a "more accurate" answer.

Unfortunately, Bojja's suggestion only addresses the error message, but my suggestion ties together what OP has configured (shipping point A001) and the error message.

This is why (i think) the OP had marked my answer as "the correct answer" (and not as a helpful answer).

I hope I have made clear the difference between a helpful post and the correct answer, taking this particular example.

Would be interesting to hear your comments. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I am shocked that your post has been rejected, I am saddened by such acts.

Regards

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Thanks for your kind words!

Your post made me think about my take-away from this incident of "post being rejected"...

...almost every community has protocols / conventions. In this community, any one can press the button "Report Abuse". For me taking an idea further (by making a reference to the member who has stated the idea) is value adding. ..but there seems to be some difference of opinion about this point, with some members, moderators.

For that matter, for me, disagreeing with a member is also value adding.

There is a lot to gain in terms of learning by participating in Forums. Thus I shall continue to take in the good things and sideline these type of minor issues (post rejection etc.)

I feel good that G Lakshmipathi replied to some of my questions in this thread. He is a busy person, yet he gave some of his time.

Side comment - Please call me just Typewriter or T W (no sir )

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Recently one post I wrote today was rejected, and after reading this post I believe it was because I copy between commas the relevant text, a short paragraph (before the text 'it says') from a longer note (around 10 pages in format PDF). Why? Because I replied to a top contributor (T W) and I believe he deserves I told him the relevant information and avoid him to waste time until he find it, because usually T W wastes his time helping other colleagues.

If I made any mistake, my apologies,

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what has happened since I have not rejected.  But from your comments, it seems, you have copy pasted some oss note content.

For information, the general rule given to Moderators are no copy paste from any standard documentation which includes OSS notes also.  You can only refer the note number and should not reproduce the content.  Whether the OP is a top contributor or knowledgeable, it is not important as for as forum rules are concerned.  He has to search based on the information what members are giving and having said this, he has to search in service market place based on the note had you indicated that.

You have done nothing wrong and I know you are also very knowledgeable in this forum for couple of years and these things can happen out of ignorance. 

Hope to have clarified your query.

Regards
G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation.