cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the scroll bar of table to the left?

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face a problem about table. In my web dynpro view, there is a table. The table has many columns and many of them are wide, so that the total width of the table has exceeded my PC's screen. On the other hand, the table has lots of rows and the user must scroll the scroll bar of the table. So the problem arised: many users don't know there is a scroll bar on the right of the table when they open this view, becanse the table is so wide that the scroll bar on the right of the table does not appear in their view. The users think the rows in their view are all the data, actually there is a scroll bar on the rightmost side of table. How to solve this problem?

I want to move the scroll bar of table to the table's left side. But I don't know how. Can anybody help me?

P.S. My development environment is CE7.3

Best Regards,

Abe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abe Zhang,

It may help you?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2588

Regards,

Manivannan P

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a very useful document, and it also mention my issue in the last part - If the table becomes wider than the space available in the table’s container or window, a scrollbar appears that may even hide the table’s own scrollbar. But the document does not present the solution.

Regards.

Abe Zhang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abe,

The solution you are seeking is not possible in WD. You can try an alternate solution, by not restricting yourself to a single table. Rather than using a single table you can use 2 tables. You will thus be able to do away with horizontal scroll in table.

When a user would select a particulat row in a table, that row in both the tables should be highlighted in some color, say green, thus the user won't have much difficulty in fetching and reading the values from the tables.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!!!

Umang 🙂

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umang,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you and I am seeking a workaournd.

Regards,

Abe Zhang

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have read the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2588 Manivannan P recommended. And I learn that there will always be some disadvantage no matter which way I try.

Thank you for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think, it's possible to put the scrollbar to the left side, as no property field is provided for the same to modify.

Instead, You can fix the size of your webdynpro view to fix size and fixed number of columns, so that the user sees the both the scrollbars on initial viewing of table itself.

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My web dynpro view has been as wide as the screen. The number of columns can't be reduced because all of them are required.

So is there any other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Suggest if you follow the below procedure then your issue will get resolved.

1. Create a Tranparant container with fixed height of 300 pxl or 350 pxl and layout width as 100%

2. Keep you table inside the Transparant container.

3. Create an Integer attribute and bind the visible row count property of the table.

4. On screen load set the Integer attribute value as the node size.

5. Now your scroll bar will be visible in the screen also the scrolling will happens smoothly with out any server call.

6. If user wants to see the last columns of the table, then he will scroll the vertical scroll bar of the transparent container.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

former_member207065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not a bad idea. You scroll the table via the vertical scrollbar of Transparent Container instead of the scrollbar of table itself. But this will bring another issue: The table header can be scrolled too when scrolling the vertical scrollbar of Transparent Container. So I have to find a solution to fix the header of table when scrolling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then just set these property fields of Table. It may work as per your expectations.

1. ScrollableColCount - Just see how many columns data can fit well in your screen may be 2-3, then set that value to here.

2. VisibleRowCount - Just see how many rows of data can fit well in your screen may be 10-20, then set that value to here.

By this changes, user will be able to see both the scrollbars of the tables in the same screen.