cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating career paths in EhP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are currently working on EhP6.0 as per a requirement we need to create 14career paths with 1200 jobs .For a large of chunk of the jobs the career path would be the same.Is there a way to do the same using 00q4 ?

I referred to the blog by Jinu K Thomas http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26062 this tells me how to create career paths but i am unable to figure out the specific situation mentioned above.

Kindly revert ASAP

Thanks & Reagrds

Smriti Golash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti,

What enhancement pack are you using? The instructions in the blog by Jinu are not related to creating Career Paths in EhP4 and above.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply.Currently, we're on EHP6 and NAKISA is not in scope. Can you please tell us how can we define the career paths in the Talent Management module?

If not, can you pelase elaborate as to  why these career paths cannot be used in EHP6? I am aware that there is no direct integration of the PD module with the Talent management module.

However, the SAP standard reports for Career Planning/ Succession Planning make use of these careers. ( Example TCode PPCP).

Thanks

Smriti

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti,

In EhP4 and above Career Paths are defined in the IMG under Talent Management and Talent Development > Basic Settings > Career Types and Career Levels.

PPCP is not used from EhP4. The only backend transactions used is HRTMC_PPOM. Succession planning is intended do be done through STVN SuccessionPlanning, but if not it is done through HRTMC_PPOM.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Thanks for the reply.The details you mentioned above are just the career types and levels.

I wanted to know about the career paths.Please let me know the same.

Also, can you please tell me the reports through which we can perform career planning and succession planning , as the PD report are pretty much not in use now.

Thanks

Smriti

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti,

Career Types and Career Levels are used as the Career Path. Employees can also select Preferred Jobs in their Talent Profile.

For succession planning you use transaction code HRTMC_PPOM or STVN TalentHub for HR & Executives (previously STVN SuccessionPlanning). For Career Planning you use the Talent Profile or STVN TalentHub for Employees (previously STVN CareerPlanning).

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are currently in EhP7 and NAKISA is not in scope. Our customer has requested the implementation of career and succession development module for their company.

As a result, we are investigating the functionality that is given through standard implementation in the backend (e.g. transaction ppcp, ppsp, ppem, pppd, pepm etc).

Our question is whether we can use PD module in our case or we have to work with Talent Management module?

I have read in this thread "ppcp is not used form EhP4. The only backend transactions used is HRTMC_PPOM. Succession planning is intended to be done through STVN Succession Planning, but if not is done through HRTMC_PPOM".

In other words we understand from what you are saying that PD module (transactions ppcp, ppsp etc) are not used from EhP4 and we have to work with Talent Management module. Correct?

If yes, could you please send us an official reference from SAP (SAP note, documentation) in order to justify this?

The problem with Talent Management module at this time is that we have not TREX installed and it is not in scope. Can we use the funtionality of Talent Management module without having TREX installed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

SM