Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating the webdynpro field using BRF

naresh_bammidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to the BRF environment.I wanted to do sample scenario using BRF.I have created an webdynpro application ,in that there is a field Policy number.I want to validate the policy number by checking the data base table.so for that i have created one application object in BRF.i don't know what to do further.Can anyone please tell me the step by step process?Please help me out.

Thanks

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh, The first thing you need to do is to check if you mean BRF or BRFPlus as these are significantly different.  Hopefully you mean BRFPlus as that is the current recommended rules engine for ABAP systems.

You'll find getting started documentation and tutorials here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8824

Good luck!

Regards,

Jocelyn

naresh_bammidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Yes you are right,i need to validate the fields through BRF plus only.Do i need to learn BRF before learning BRF plus?Can you please tell me the necessary software to be installed to work with BRF plus.So i can tell my BASIS team to set up the BRF plus environment.

Thanks

Jocelyn

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

No you don't need to know BRF before learning BRFPlus - in fact I would avoid BRF altogether as I think it would just add confusion for you at this point.  Go straight to the BRFPlus information.

You don't need to install anything as such - BRFPlus is part of the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP platform on which your ABAP systems operate.  You will find details of the exact releases and support packs for different features in the references I mentioned before.  But probably the quickest way to check if you have BRFPlus available in a particular ABAP system is to enter the transaction code BRFPlus (or BRF+ - that works too) and it should launch your web browser and take you into the BRFPlus workbench (providing you have permission for that transaction code of course).

If you can get that far then you have enough to get going on the tutorials.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

Just to add to Jocelyn's excellent suggestions... I think that the "brf+" and "brfplus" transaction codes were added to the system in NW 7.02 (or thereabouts) so if you're have an earlier version than that then those transactions may not exist. If you're on NW 7.01 then the transaction code you can try is FDT_WORKBENCH. It should take you to the same workbench application that Jocelyn mentioned.

FYI, I think there are some people that would tell you not to use BRFPlus before NW 7.02 but I have previously used it for a project on a NW 7.01 system and, while there are some annoying "features" and lack of functionality, it is still usable.

Good luck

Glen

naresh_bammidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

@Jocelyn and @glen Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

BTW to getting started i went through some tutorials those are provided in BRM forum.In that they provided very good Exercises.It is opening the exercise as flash video ,and it is very small to view the video.Is there any way to make the video bigger.Please look in to below links for the reference.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/50879cee-f9b5-2e10-039e-b2d6c4b10e6...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.nw.wpc.runtime.docs/media/streamingmedia/de...

Thanks

Naresh Bammidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

I was able to use the zoom features of my browser (Chrome) to zoom in on the video in the first link. Have you tried that?

Regards

Glen

naresh_bammidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice tip Glen..Its working now

Thanks

Naresh