14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2008 11:27 AM by Sami ur Rehman Rajpoot RSS

SAP IS-OIL Material

S Priyan
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Respected Seniors

I would like to involve myself in the SAP IS-OIL application area. Currently i am having 3+ years experience mainly in SD module and other modules such as MM, PP, and FICO. 

If i want to start to IS-OIL, where should i start? I need you valuable advice in this regard. 

And please help me to share the related materials and other important URL if any available. 

Regards

Priyan

• Re: SAP IS-OIL Material

Hello Priyan,

You can find the IS-OIL documentation in the link provided. This might help you to understand oil functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Soumya

S Priyan

Hi Soumya

Thanks for your very useful info. 

I had  quickly gone through the topics of the documentation and it covers mixed info of many modules like  Production, Logistics, Retailing and others for the OIL & GAS industry solution. 

That means the SAP IS-OIL consultant must have the knowledge of the all these modules before come into this IS-OIL.  Is it right? Because, i am basically SD consultant and i thought this IS-OIL is extension of SD & MM module. 

Anyway, please advice whether the SD consultant (like me) would be able to understand and learn this IS-OIL module on their own?

And software side, is it a separate installation from SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 version. 

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards

Priyan

oily oily

Hi ,

SD / MM  knowledge is required  to understand

the IS-OIL  Down stream topics ..

IS-OIL solution is extension the core for the oil specific business ..

for example MAP pricing in oil uses the core pricing engine but have has different

pricing calculation like Formula and average pricing …

please tell me which  module you are interested in ?

Message was edited by:

oily oily

S Priyan

Thanks Oily

I am currently working mainly in SD module and having 3+  experience in SD and integration knowledge of other modules such as MM, PP, and FICO.

My plan is to start with other SAP modules like IS-OIL, SAP Retail or any other module which closely related to SD/MM Module. 

I understand from replay that, SD / MM knowledge is required to understand the basis of IS-OIL module. 

Regards

Priyan

Sami ur Rehman Rajpoot

Dear All,

I wanted to know the usage of F&A pricing in an IS-Oil Solution. I have read the documentation at help.sap.com but the explanation was not enough. Please tell me

1. In which scenario will we use F&A pricing?

2. What is the defination/usage of Factor1/Factor2?

I have done confirguration settings for F&A. If anyone have manual/documentation available, please do forward me on samiurrehman82atgmail.com

If anyone doesn't have manual/documentation please reply to my queation. It made easy for me to understand.

Thanks in advance.

michelle yang

If you know anyone please reply to my email

We need a Managing Consultant – SAP PRA (Houston, TX) $141,250

Candidate Must Have:

• 5-7 Years Experience

• SAP PRA (Production Accounting)

• SAP Oil and Gas experience

• Functional Experience

• Travel 80-100%

• Visa candidates will be considered

• Canadian citizens without an H-1B visa, but do have a United States residence address will be considered under the TN work permit rules.

ACTUAL JOB SITE LOCATION "City and State": Houston, TX

START DATE: Immediate

LENGTH: Permanent

NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1

Michelle Yang

Vice President

Direct(925) 989-7337

MichelleYang@ResourceSpectrum.com

hari shankar

Hi all,

here are the links which will help u complete understanding about is-oil topics, pls gothrogh the link mentioned u can find all the info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/

Regards

Hari Shankar

Actions