cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence 4.0 - disable save and design, but use input controls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am experiencing weird Web Intelligence 4.0 behaviour when setting up access levels.

We are using a 4.0 Version SP4 Patch 4.

I am trying to set users to open WebI reports, use input controls and refresh a report. The rights that I granted on the Folder and BI Launchpad are:

• General:
    • View Objects
    • View Document Intances
  • Web Intelligence Content:
    • Refresh Report's Data
    • Refresh List of Values
    • Use List of Values
  • Web Intelligence Application:
    • Reporting: Create and edit Report Filters and consume Input Controls
    • Reporting: Enable Formating (which I ahve to grant otherwise you can click on input Controls but won't have any effect on the report...)

Now 2 weird things happen:

First: The User is able to switch do design mode.

Second: The Saving button is enabled. When users hit the button they have to restart the browser. No error message is displayed.

My questions are now:

If that's how it's supposed to be: Is there a way to disable "Available Objects" in the Design mode?

OR

When will this Bug be fixed and/or is there a workaround?

Appreciate your help and suggestions...

Thanks in advance.

Tina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

I had the same problem and I solved it like this:

CMC -> Be sure that the grants to Copy object to another folder, add objects to the folder, add objects to the folder that the users onws are not granted.

(see screenshot)

See screenshot with result -> Save button is disabled and drill down option is enabled.

The design mode will be enabled, but you can restrict all the actions here as well, see attachment

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

If you want to prevent user to switch to design mode then you need to assign "View on Demand" or below view on demand user security access level on Web Intelligence application also. If user has full control access then he or she will be able to switch to design mode.

Regards,

Aashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aashutosh,

The access lelve View on demand doesn´t allow the user to drill data, it just prevent to pass to design mode. Tina asked

• Web Intelligence Application: 
    • Reporting: Create and edit Report Filters and consume Input Controls
    • Reporting: Enable Formating (which I ahve to grant otherwise you can click on input Controls but won't have any effect on the report...)

In the attachment you can see a user login, with view on demand access to folder, BI launch pad and Web intelligence.

BO 4.0 SP4 FP3

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thanks for finding that. We have been wondering how to enable just the drill and not the whole suite of design features. Looks like this is another product defect. Have you reported this to SAP?

Cheers

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mohan,

Still not as far as we just face this problem this week. I will during the next days

Regards

Jose

jyotijain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

We have provided almost all control rights on Webi application , except Modify securely documents.

Users are also able to drill the document upto ONE level, But from next level they get error "

Your security profile does not include permission to edit this document " ERR_WIS_30252 (Error_INF)

Checked the SAP Note : 1863552 , mentions EDIT query is required for drill.

But users are not willing to provide EDIT query rights. Is there any alternative to resolve the error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

At the time of development itself you include all drill-down objects so that query will read all necessary data in one go. At the time of interaction(drill-down operation), there will not be need of new query to be generated for drill-down.

Another option is that you can add objects in scope of analysis using Custom level.

Thanks,

Aashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TO Disable the design mode of web intelligence document to user please to the report in infoview --> right click modify--> edit query --> properties(tab)--> disable the check box for Allow other users to edit query

you should disable the access for Reporting: Enable Formating option.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

if I disable the Formatting Option, the Input Controls won't work anymore...

Query Options: Users are not able to edit the query, I only want to disable the "available Objects" so that they cannot drag and drop Objects into the report.

Regards,

Tina