Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECATT script working in DEV but failing in QA

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm new to ECATT so I could well be missing something obvious. If so, my apologies - be gentle with me...

I've got an ECATT script that creates a PO in ME21N and then attempts to release it in ME29N. This script works perfectly in our DEV system, but fails at the release step in our QA system, with error message "Cannot Find Screen Element shell in Replay Mode". In both cases I'm at this point in the transaction, and visually it looks identical in both systems:

I'm using a GETGUI to count the number of rows in the release code table (i.e. 2, in this case) and it is this GETGUI that fails.

I'm struggling to think of anything that might be different between the two systems that would make a GETGUI fail. If anyone has any suggestions for what to look at, I'd be very grateful!

BTW. I've looked at this related discussion but that seems to be about the header section sometimes being expanded and sometimes not. This is not my problem, unless I've misunderstood.

All help appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

May be you can check with SAP GUI recording. Using SAP GUI recording you can easily find out where the error is occurring.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

May be you can check with SAP GUI recording. Using SAP GUI recording you can easily find out where the error is occurring.

0 Kudos

I am using SAPGUI recording for this. If I set a breakpoint on the GETGUI and run the script, then in both DEV and QA systems the transaction looks in exactly the same state when it stops - as in the screenshot above. But then in DEV the GETGUI works while in QA the GETGUI fails. The GETGUI is referencing the table of release codes, and I'm trying to get the row count. The table is visible in both systems when GETGUI is called.

As I say, I'm now stumped. All suggestions appreciated!

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

could you please expand the log to the step with the failure and the step before and post it here.

Known Problems around ME2+N are:

1. Transaction is sometimes in display mode and not in change mode:

Solution: Do with GETGUI a check on a field that should be open and depending on the result press the related Button.

IF V_OPEN = ‘X’.

SAPGUI to press Button

ENDIF.

2. ME2+N Transactions are storing the last screen behavior in table ESDUS, there it is stored if header section was open or closed etc.

So good practice is to remove those settings from the table to have always the screen like the first time.
ABAP.

* Delete all User-Settings in MM

DELETE FROM ESDUS WHERE UNAME = SY-UNAME.

ENDABAP.

Regards

Christian

0 Kudos

After much digging about, it seems that the detail in the that screen can live in one of two subscreens - 10 or 13. I've no idea what causes it to choose one or the other, but your suggestion of deleting entries from table ESDUS has certainly made the behaviour consistent between the two systems.

Unfortunately, it has now broken all of the other PO-related scripts I had, which obviously had been built with this settings in place. Now that I've deleted them I'm going to have to re-record all my scripts

Still, at least I'm making progress. Thanks for the help!

Steve.