cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w Service Request & Incident?

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would you please explain me what is the difference between Service Request(SRVR) and Incident(ITIN)?

In which situation, these two documents are used? 

I am confused as both these transaction types have the same leading transaction categories and business transaction categories.

Please clarify my confusion with your inputs with a good example.

Awaiting for your response.

Regards

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

In the below blog you will find your answer to your query

http://scn.sap.com/people/bettina.giese/blog/2009/01/23/it-service-desk-with-sap-crm-70

An incident is an exception to standard IT operations that interrupts or reduces the quality of a service, whereas a service request is a customer inquiry for provisioning of a pre-defined service.

In short incidents are more specific to the organisation internal needs for e.x

Where the IT Department is delivering IT Support to other departments- If an issue is reported the same can be reported by other departments through incident management to the IT Department and if the issue is resolved by the IT Department the incident can be closed by the IT Department with the status as closed

However for  Service Requests, the IT Service Providers offer services to their external customers

If a external customer calls to report a problem the same can be captured using service requests in the system.

I hope my explanation has been useful for your understanding

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Atul.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos